Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Plastic passport cover

Plastic passport cover

Old Jan 8, 2012, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Plastic passport cover

Years ago, in Japan, I found a plastic passport cover that was sold in one of the airport stores. I have yet to be able to locate such a clear passport cover outside of Japan, and online searches are shockingly not fruitful. I was wondering if any of you had an idea where I might be able to find such an item. Thanks.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, HH: Diamond
I don't know about absolutely clear, but Flight 001 (I know, I keep mentioning them, but I love their stuff) has a colored transparent one:

Comes in three obnoxiously bright colors.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 4:58 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Not really answering your question, but most int'l destinations I've been to have clear signs that passports are to be presented without any covers. Probably so the machine readable code can be accessed.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 5:17 pm

If you are talking about completely clean and void of any design plastic covers, I bought a handful the last time I was in Damascus, for about 25 cents each
Old Jan 8, 2012, 5:38 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
If you google

Plastic Passport Covers

you will get links from Amazon where they are two bucks each, along with other places who sell them

If you google

Clear Vinyl Passport Covers

you will find people selling them in lots of five for $2.95 on Esty and other places for other amounts.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
I bought on Ebay 5 clear covers for less than $5 with free shipping last year and they work fine. Never had to take the passport out of the cover so far at Immigration in various countries I have visited.

Link to Ebay
Old Jan 20, 2012, 2:10 pm

Thanks for telling me about Flight 001. Looks like they have some neat stuff and I had no idea they had a store in Chicago.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.