Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Advice on buying Rimowa in Hong Kong

Old Nov 23, 2010, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Occasional reader, first-time poster.

I'm traveling to Hong Kong. I'd decided to replace my aging/breaking carryon with a Rimowa (deciding btw Delux Salsa and Limbo).

I'm based in Bangkok where the price of a Rimowa is very inflated.

My last trip to HK, I had the chance to check price at the Rimowa shop in HKIA T2 and found it to be cheaper than Thailand.

From some very old post, I learned that there maybe shops in Hong Kong that sell them for even cheaper? If so, I would love to get more info.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by websoup; Nov 23, 2010 at 3:24 pm
Old Nov 24, 2010, 3:22 pm

Programs: LAN Commodore
CX duty free sells some:

http://www.cathaypacific.com/dutyfre...iaType=hotPick
Old Nov 25, 2010, 2:49 am
Original Poster

Thanks David! The price is very nice. I'm going to see if they carry other model as I'm deciding between Salsa Deluxe, Classic Flight, and Topas.

I'm also very intrigued by Rimowa x Lane Crawford 160th Anniversary Edition. The one that's based on Salsa price is almost the exact amount as the Salsa Deluxe.

The Gold/Silver one is also intriguing.

I wish they still have the black with red trim Rimowa x Lane Crawford edition from last year.

The two current limited edition models color scheme are rather...loud while the one from last year has more understated elegance.

Will post update on this. Meanwhile, any additional info will always be appreciated.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.