Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Sign in using an external account

Old Jun 30, 10, 9:13 pm   #1

Programs: DL - PM, UA - ex1K, AA - exPLT, HH - GLD, PC - PLT
Rimowa Salsa lock stopped working!

Hi All-

I bought a Rimowa Salsa Deluxe Cabin Trolley last September. I love it and I use it a lot.

Recently I came back from a trip and checked my Rimowa. it went out locked but came back unlocked. I didn't realize it/think about it.

Anyway, luckily nothing was stolen but the lock does not work anymore. It acts like my combination is incorrect, although I am 100% certain what it was. Luckily it is unlocked so it isn't a major problem (I rarely check bags), but I would like to use my lock!

I tried all the possible number combinations with each dial (leaving the other two as my original combination), in case one dial had 'spun'. I also tried 000 without luck.

Has anyone seen this before? I am not sure what to do; this lock doesn't look very serviceable, though it does appear replaceable.

Thanks
CPMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 10, 9:24 pm   #2

Programs: DL - PM, UA - ex1K, AA - exPLT, HH - GLD, PC - PLT
Nobody?
CPMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 10, 10:00 pm   #3

Programs: AS-GoldMVP,Hilton-Diamond
TSA must have had to open your bag. They probably used their little tool to open it and it probably threw your combination lock off by a number on the tumblers. There should be a way that you can reset that, otherwise, you will have to take it for repair.

I always try to have key locks, they screw them up less and relock them when they are finished rifling my bag.
Emeraldcity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 10, 12:43 pm   #4

Programs: DL GM/SC/RW/GE
I never use the built-in Rimowa lock; I always use a separate TSA lock, specifically because I worry that if they needed to open it, they'd break it.

You can try emailing Rimowa customer service to see if they can help you reset the lock (or refer you to a place to get it repaired). I had to deal with them recently and was very impressed by how quickly they responded.
ShopAround is offline   Reply With Quote