Reload this Page >

Bargain Rimowas (and other Luggage) from Germany

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bargain Rimowas (and other Luggage) from Germany

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2014, 7:30 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by tsolin01
Just bought a Topas MultiWheel IATA today and I thought they were all made in Germany but this one has Made in Canada on it. Bought at the San Francisco Rimowa store.

Wish I could have gotten it cheaper but I'm not flying to Germany any time soon and can't rely / wait for the online route.
Yep, all Rimowa products sold in North America and the Americas are made at their plant in Canada. I bought my first Salsa at Neiman-Marcus last month and it's magnificent. I compared mine to one owned by a French buddy last week in Paris and his German-made version is identical to mine!

But I am heading back to Paris in the early spring and this time, I will buy a Topas and/or a Limbo Cabin IATA Multiwheel that is Made in Germany

While I don't mind Canadian-made Rimowa, I have to have at least one made in Germany
Old Dec 19, 2014, 1:13 pm

Hi Again Sapguy -

Hey, it's Christmas: You can have whatever you want.

Go for it !
Old Dec 20, 2014, 6:18 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
BTW, the ploycarbonate Rimowas are assembled in CZ, not Germany.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 8:43 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Thanks Swissaire and Oliver. I will go for it in the Spring when I return to FRA while on my way to Paris.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA PLAT (2.8MM), DL Diamond, UA*S, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTE, Hilton DIAMOND, IHG PLT
Headed to Berlin for the weekend. Any suggestions on where to get the best deal? I'' claim VAT refund on the way out back to the US
Old Apr 30, 2017, 4:13 am

hey guys, if i order from a german website for a rimowa salsa and have it shipped here, how do they calculate customs tax? how much was your shipping cost?
Old Jun 15, 2017, 2:54 pm

www.shopandbox.com could be an option.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 11:35 pm

Programs: LH FT, AA Plat
Originally Posted by ayee007
hey guys, if i order from a german website for a rimowa salsa and have it shipped here, how do they calculate customs tax? how much was your shipping cost?
The receiving country is the one that charges you importing tax, not the seller. Check how much tax your country charges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.