Bargain Rimowas (and other Luggage) from Germany

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bargain Rimowas (and other Luggage) from Germany

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2010, 1:28 pm

Programs: AS, AA, DL, LAN, SPG
I bought my last 2 Rimowa pieces from DasBags.com, and they either came VERY close or beat the Koffer-Direkt price.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 3:12 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by AaronKamp
I bought my last 2 Rimowa pieces from DasBags.com, and they either came VERY close or beat the Koffer-Direkt price.
I find your statement to be highly suspect. Do you work for Das Bags? Or did you negotiate directly?

If you compare the same Topas 4 wheel (Das Bags doesn't even carry the 2 wheel I ordered) in the 29" (70cm)

As you can see by the same bag from the three stores. The two German stores Koffer24 and Koffer-Direkt are in the USD $600-$700 range total after DHL international shipping.
Das Bags is USD $1,129
Where is Das Bags close or beating Koffer-Direkt or Koffer 24?

Das Bags

Koffer24

Koffer-Direkt

Either way, in order for this thread to remain helpful to other luggage afficianados please don't recommend stores that are significantly more expensive than what has already been discussed.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 6:28 pm

Dasbags

I had similar experiences with DasBags, on Salsa Air their price was even lower than Koffer24 and no duty fees. My Limbo's were very close in price. I was told that all dealers in the US have to advertise the same prices.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 3:51 pm

Programs: AS, AA, DL, LAN, SPG
Originally Posted by dko3tgk
I find your statement to be highly suspect. Do you work for Das Bags? Or did you negotiate directly?

If you compare the same Topas 4 wheel (Das Bags doesn't even carry the 2 wheel I ordered) in the 29" (70cm)

As you can see by the same bag from the three stores. The two German stores Koffer24 and Koffer-Direkt are in the USD $600-$700 range total after DHL international shipping.
Das Bags is USD $1,129

Das Bags

Koffer24

Koffer-Direkt

Either way, in order for this thread to remain helpful to other luggage afficianados please don't recommend stores that are significantly more expensive than what has already been discussed.
No, I do not work at Das Bags. I bought a 29" Salsa Air and a Limbo IATA Cabin trolley from them based on other FT member suggestions to contact them directly and get a quote. It was rather easy, I just emailed them with the final price from Koffer24 or Koffer-Direkt (whichever had the lowest price at the time) and they responded with a quote.

For those in the US, not having to pay currency conversion fees, foreign transaction fees, and being able to speak to someone in English may very well prove to be helpful. I had a postive experience with a retailer of travel products, and I will continue to do so.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by AaronKamp
No, I do not work at Das Bags. I bought a 29" Salsa Air and a Limbo IATA Cabin trolley from them based on other FT member suggestions to contact them directly and get a quote. It was rather easy, I just emailed them with the final price from Koffer24 or Koffer-Direkt (whichever had the lowest price at the time) and they responded with a quote.

For those in the US, not having to pay currency conversion fees, foreign transaction fees, and being able to speak to someone in English may very well prove to be helpful. I had a postive experience with a retailer of travel products, and I will continue to do so.
Aaron, Thanks for the clarification. This info should be helpful for other non-European FT'ers who want to buy Rimowa at discounted price. I hope you didn't take offense.

I'll try the calling for quote/price match method with Das Bags for my next Rimowa.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 3:23 pm

Question

Das Bags is USD $1,129

Das Bags

Koffer24

Koffer-Direkt

thanks to everyone who posted here. i ordered from koffer24 and the service they have provided this far has been excellent. i just ordered online and followed up with the store via email. Anja, the store representative has replied quickly and thoroughly to my questions.

One question though that you guys would know - how long has it taken to get the luggage from Koffer24? They tell me it takes 5-6 days to get to the USA - but I'm curious what your experience has been once it gets here...does customs/USPS sit on it for a bit? We live in California. Does the luggage hit the east coast and then ship via USPS to California, or does it come into California and then get routed to USPS?

I ordered the luggage for a trip - so I'm hoping to get it before we leave!!
Old Dec 3, 2010, 9:38 pm

mine was pretty quick. I ordered it on 11/16 and received it on 11/27.
And that was with Thanksgiving.

According to the DHL tracking it arrived in the US on 11/23 and even with Thanksgiving, it cleared customs and was delivered to me by 11/27.

I live in the NY area though. Sorry I couldn't tell you how long to CA.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 10:28 pm

Anyone (US) using a Rimowa carry-on to transport a suit? Their products seem to be stellar; however, sizes match perfectly for the European market but so far I could neither spot a 22" version nor a model with a garment suiter.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 11:56 pm

mine was pretty quick. I ordered it on 11/16 and received it on 11/27.
And that was with Thanksgiving.

According to the DHL tracking it arrived in the US on 11/23 and even with Thanksgiving, it cleared customs and was delivered to me by 11/27.

I live in the NY area though. Sorry I couldn't tell you how long to CA.
thank you for your quick reply. i'll post my results once i receive the items.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by crispeta
Anyone (US) using a Rimowa carry-on to transport a suit? Their products seem to be stellar; however, sizes match perfectly for the European market but so far I could neither spot a 22" version nor a model with a garment suiter.
http://www.koffer-direkt.de/rimowa-s...ter-74-cm.html

I think this is a new model in the Salsa Deluxe series.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 3:34 pm

No response from koffer24

Hey guys, I placed an order on koffer24 on Dec 27th. The fund has been transferred to them, however, I wrote them an email on the 30th asking what's the status of my order is but haven't heard anything from them yet. Now I read some of your positive feedback to koffer24 so I am a little encouraged but it is little weird that they don't respond to customer request after almost a week.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by cf626
Hey guys, I placed an order on koffer24 on Dec 27th. The fund has been transferred to them, however, I wrote them an email on the 30th asking what's the status of my order is but haven't heard anything from them yet. Now I read some of your positive feedback to koffer24 so I am a little encouraged but it is little weird that they don't respond to customer request after almost a week.
It could be they have closed shop for the holidays... If that is the case I would have hoped they would post it on their website, but at least it could explain a delay.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 10:02 am

Programs: Ambassador PC, Silver HH, Platinum SPG, SQ Gold, EK Gold, MH Silver, NationalCar Executive Elite
They do take quite a while to respond to emails. Best to call them in Germany, that's what I did after waiting a couple of days for them to reply my email.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by capkapak
They do take quite a while to respond to emails. Best to call them in Germany, that's what I did after waiting a couple of days for them to reply my email.
Thanks, do you happen to have their number by chance? The number I found on their website is Phone 069-297056-0
International: phone +4969297056-0

I am assuming to call the International number???

Thanks for your help
Old Jan 6, 2011, 10:59 am

Programs: Ambassador PC, Silver HH, Platinum SPG, SQ Gold, EK Gold, MH Silver, NationalCar Executive Elite
Thanks, do you happen to have their number by chance? The number I found on their website is Phone 069-297056-0
International: phone +4969297056-0

I am assuming to call the International number???

Thanks for your help
Sorry for the delay in replying, was traveling. Yes call the international number but you might have received a reply from them by now. I just received my Limbo actually. Ordered on the 22nd and go it on the 5th. Delay was duet the snow storm in Europe and this is to me in Malaysia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.