Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Ran out of Dramamine in China - was able to get "carsick paste"

Old Dec 17, 2009, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skyteam

Checked and could not find where else to post this. Ran out of Dramamine in Shenzhen China airport and after many attempts at conversation at the information desk the person took me to the First Aid station and they gave me what is called "Carsick Paste". It seems to be similar to the patches worn in the US, put behind the ear. Worked for me and cost 9RMB for 2 patches. The packaging is tricky and must be torn or cut to get to the patch. The first aid people worked hard to get this behind my ear and in the US you must have a prescription and cost about 30 bucks. You should remember that anyone touching the patch, in any country where it is used must wash their hands immediately so as to not transfer the medication to other areas. Saved me a queasy and maybe nasty flight.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 8:27 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Please follow in our Travel Products area. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 9:47 am

Programs: CO-Dirt,SPG-Nothing,Marriott-Gold, Hilton-Blue, Hyatt-Plat, HI-Plat
Good they could take care of you. Transderm is good

If you're not able to find Dramamine, again
just get some Benadryl, it's the same thing. Active ingredient is Diphenhydramine.

it's same thing in Tylenol PM and most any OTC sleep aid.

*I am not a doctor and the above is not medical advice. Just good to know
Old Dec 17, 2009, 4:43 pm

Programs: DL Plat
Dramamine is usually DIMENHYDRINATE (which is different from diphenhydramine). Both are anthistamines but they are different drugs.

Originally Posted by windwalker
Good they could take care of you. Transderm is good

If you're not able to find Dramamine, again
just get some Benadryl, it's the same thing. Active ingredient is Diphenhydramine.

it's same thing in Tylenol PM and most any OTC sleep aid.

*I am not a doctor and the above is not medical advice. Just good to know
Old Dec 19, 2009, 12:24 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
I get the patches at local Korean pharmacies. Over the counter with no prescription. About $7 - $8 for 2. Korean name is Kimite "KIM-EEE-TAY"

Better yet is the scopace pill. Need a prescription, but with the pill you control the dosage. About $1/pill. Best method for me to not get seasick!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.