Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Reasonable Rimowa Prices?

Reasonable Rimowa Prices?

Old Jun 22, 2017, 5:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Troopers
I stumbled across a chain luggage store in a local mall that carries Rimowa. Manager was willing to discount all Rimowa products by 10% if I bought one piece or ~16% if I bought two pieces. Only catch is that the manager wouldn't give me a receipt...it would be a final sale. Payment by credit card is acceptable. Manager said he would enter the serial number into the system.

Should I be concerned?
Should be fine as long as you get your warranty card stamped.
You can just tell Rimowa you lost the receipt but still have the card. And if they ask you can show a CC statement.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by elleana
Can you get a stamped warranty card?
Yep.

Originally Posted by bulbmogul
Sounds like a good deal to me, jump on it..Is this in USA or where..?
SF.

Originally Posted by TennisNoob
Should be fine as long as you get your warranty card stamped.
You can just tell Rimowa you lost the receipt but still have the card. And if they ask you can show a CC statement.
Ok, thanks.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by spizzy
So if you are a long time/post FT member, whom is outside Europe, feel free to drop me a PM and I will forward you the information.

(If you are inside Europe you have KofferDirect which will end up cheaper for you anyway with their coupons/offers.)
Spizzy, sent you a PM earlier inquiring if you are comfortable sharing this info.

I see you have a measure about long time members/posters for this, and I understand my post count doesn't help me; but if you can help out this 3 year old FT member, I would greatly appreciate it.

And of course, no is an acceptable answer. Thank you for taking the time to read, and respond if you would.

Cheers.

EDIT:

When you dont get an answer, a little bit of digging in will get you through... and on this thread itself. One might have to go a little over 3 years back to find this retailer who will still ship to the US. People who are still looking for it, seek this thread and you shall find \m/

They do not have the complete Rimowa collection though, just about 80+ pieces and a few of them are not in stock. And I couldn't find any coupon codes that work. The DHL shipping is a flat 30$. However, all in, I saved over 300$ on the US retail (before taxes) for a Topas carry-on, so pretty pleased.

Last edited by senyah; Jul 14, 2017 at 1:37 pm Reason: Update
Old Jul 9, 2017, 8:19 pm
kkl

Are there any online stores which are discounting their rimowa who does not have an e-tag?

happy to save a bit for the 'older' non e-tag models. looking at salsa deluxe or topaz
Old Jul 11, 2017, 10:28 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Ordered 2 Rimowa cabin bags through Selfridges online store 2 days ago.

I got the Topas multiwheel 32L (AUD$870) and the Topas multiwheel 34L for the mrs (AUD$965).

Received confirmation that the items have shipped, and due for delivery tomorrow.

For the 2 bags, I saved over AUD$700 on local Australian prices, even with shipping. Working it out, I think it's basically German prices without the VAT.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Marriott, National, Sixt
Originally Posted by sol95

I got the Topas multiwheel 32L (AUD$870) and the Topas multiwheel 34L for the mrs (AUD$965).

Received confirmation that the items have shipped, and due for delivery tomorrow.

For the 2 bags, I saved over AUD$700 on local Australian prices, even with shipping. Working it out, I think it's basically German prices without the VAT.
Sorry a bit confused. Can you still get the VAT refunded since you ordered from Selfridges or are you saying the price already reflects the VAT refund?
Old Aug 1, 2017, 2:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Wow prices are really going up!

01/16 I bought 2 limbos that were 539 a piece now they are 589. Etag is 699!
Old Aug 2, 2017, 2:32 am

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer
Originally Posted by senyah
EDIT:

When you dont get an answer, a little bit of digging in will get you through... and on this thread itself. One might have to go a little over 3 years back to find this retailer who will still ship to the US. People who are still looking for it, seek this thread and you shall find \m/

They do not have the complete Rimowa collection though, just about 80+ pieces and a few of them are not in stock. And I couldn't find any coupon codes that work. The DHL shipping is a flat 30$. However, all in, I saved over 300$ on the US retail (before taxes) for a Topas carry-on, so pretty pleased.
Apologies about not getting back to you. Glad you found a retailer. The one via PM only hasn't been mentioned in this thread and has over 140 pieces but good to see you found a cheap source for what you were after.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 2:51 am

Were those prices taking into account the $45 dollar delivery fee and did you order them separately to avoid import duty?
Old Aug 3, 2017, 3:25 am

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by spizzy
Were those prices taking into account the $45 dollar delivery fee and did you order them separately to avoid import duty?
There’s an option to sign up to a $70 free delivery service for a year. I did that and ordered separately.
I’m not sure if i’ll Get anything from Selfridges online again, but that was cheaper than the $45 shipping per order.

And the prices I listed were excluding shipping. Even with it, it’s still significantly cheaper than anything in Australia.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 11:02 pm

There’s an option to sign up to a $70 free delivery service for a year. I did that and ordered separately.
I’m not sure if i’ll Get anything from Selfridges online again, but that was cheaper than the $45 shipping per order.

And the prices I listed were excluding shipping. Even with it, it’s still significantly cheaper than anything in Australia.
Ok. If you want a source that would save you $70 off those prices (around $100 if including the shipping cost you mention) feel free to drop me a PM.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 11:47 am

Programs: OW, SPG, GOES
Got delivery of Topas Titanium Sport Multiwheel Electronic 100L from Deutschland via pkg forwarding co as this wasn't available in US/Japan. Didn't get back VAT but still some savings after all fees/import taxes.

All my previous purchases of Topas Titanium n Stealth models via Deutschland/Japan/Singapore were made in Germany. Strange thing is that this new Topas Titanium Sport Multiwheel Electronic 100L is made in Canada even though it was purchased in Germany? No offence but personal preference is German made Rimowas, otherwise no reason to purchase overseas as most Rimowas in US are made in Canada. Anyone with similar purchasing experience on getting Canadian made Rimowas from Germany? Anyone seen any Made in Germany Topas Titanium Sport Multiwheel Electronic 100L?
Old Aug 19, 2017, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by jt_boston
Anyone with similar purchasing experience on getting Canadian made Rimowas from Germany?
The 2-wheel Topas at the Frankfurt airport say made in Canada as well.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 6:20 am

Everyone please stop hating on Canada we have skilled workers too!

For those in Switzerland, I actually found a deal last week! (I was very shocked!) A store that had a limited selection of pieces for 30% off. There was one Salsa, and some Limbos. I snatched up the last Bossa Nova Not sure if there is any stock left after a week, but if interested PM me for the store and you can try calling them.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 5:10 am

hey guys found what i needed.

Last edited by magicspot; Sep 5, 2017 at 7:42 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.