Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Reasonable Rimowa Prices?

Reasonable Rimowa Prices?

Old Jan 2, 2014, 12:04 am
Suspended

oh, that is very expensive, I like embassem
Old Mar 3, 2014, 2:14 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by Swissaire
Hi ISED -

A loose screw ( or bolt, screw, rivet, wheel, and handle ) is not a common expectation. Someone needs to take a look.

You might contact Rimowa for a service store near you to have it inspected. As this is a new case, rest assured you are covered for any repair cost under warranty.

So during my trip to Argentina, I left my luggage at the Park Hyatt while I did a tour of Patagonia.

While I was midway in the wilderness at Torres del Paine, I suddenly realised I forgot to screw in the wheel screw.
When I got back to the Park Hyatt and my luggage was returned to me - low and behold the screw was missing when I lifted up my suit case. So now one wheel was loose!

Thankfully I managed to get a hotel staff to open his toolkit and custom make a screw that would fit. Otherwise it would have been a super PITA. I was still due to fly to Cape Town, Frankfurt, MXP, HKG etc.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 9:54 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
I tried searching online to see if anyone can recommend a shop in Berlin that offers a good price on Rimowa but I cant seem to find any recent recommendations. Does anyone know of a place? Thanks!
Old Apr 16, 2014, 1:11 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Damn I was thinking about buying some more Rimowas but now even Kofferprofi doesn't ship to many countries overseas.

"Kofferprofi does not deliver luggage of the brand Rimowa to the following countries: Australia, Bahrain, Brasil, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Kanada, Kuwait, Libanon, Macau, Malaysia, Marokko, Philippines, Russia, Switzerland, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, USA, UAE, Vietnam. To all other countries this restriction does not apply."

Any other sites that ship Rimowas internationally? My Limbo is getting quite out of shape within a few months. The seams don't line up at the top part leaving a gap. So I'm thinking of getting the topas range as that seems to be more sturdy.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 5:50 am

If you have a few hours in Frankfurt, there is a shop near the airport with excelent prices and crew discounts. I can give the details if anyone interested.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by Davex
If you have a few hours in Frankfurt, there is a shop near the airport with excelent prices and crew discounts. I can give the details if anyone interested.
Please PM detail. Will be there next week
Old Apr 24, 2014, 12:30 am

Hi Kenyalang69-

There are stores carrying Rimowa products in the FRA airport.

Go to the FT search bar and type in Rimowa. Poke around at the various articles and you will have ore than enough information. You might not have leave the airport at all.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by Swissaire
Hi Kenyalang69-

There are stores carrying Rimowa products in the FRA airport.

Go to the FT search bar and type in Rimowa. Poke around at the various articles and you will have ore than enough information. You might not have leave the airport at all.
Had previously made Rimowa purchases in FRA, but looking for discount..
Old May 6, 2014, 9:16 am
mxr

Programs: CX DM
Hello my dear fellow flyer talkers.

Mothers day is coming up in five days and I need some quick advice.

I want to order the Salsa cabin multi wheel in red online and have it delivered to where she lives.

I found this site called "koffer24.com" and I would like to know if the price stated is reasonable. Maybe this site has already been discussed about on FT, I will do a search, but I guess some real-time info would be great if someone just made an experience with this site...

Heres the direct link: http://www.koffer24.com/shop/en/rimo..._rim3--aa.html

539 Euros sounds reasonable for this type of suitcase right?

Thanks!
Old Jun 6, 2014, 3:10 am

If I buy online from koffer or koffer direkt and shipped to the hotel in Munich where I will be staying, will I still be able to claim back VAT tax (or whatever name taxes they call it there) at the airport when I leave the country? Business trip for 1 week in Munich. Thanks!

If not, which store in Munich I should go and buy?
Old Jun 6, 2014, 12:18 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Lufthansa Miles & More
Any other airport stores in Europe (thinking mainly CDG and AMS) that would have a decent selection of Rimowa to "test run" and possibly purchase at competitive prices (as far as Rimowa is ever priced competitively!).
Old Jun 6, 2014, 2:02 pm

Hi Markus -

In short the answer is Yes.

This is what the majority of us have done with Rimowa purchases travelling through Germany. It is important to have with you the actual sales receipt for your Rimowa case for the VAT rebate, and not just the hotel delivery invoice.

Just in case I would suggest that you make copies of this in your hotel, and keep it with you whenever you fly, along with your passport and other travel documents.

When you depart, you then claim the VAT rebate. This is usually done at the departure airport. If you do a search here on FT, you will find other posts walking you through the exact process.

Note that you must have that case inspected and verified in the VAT rebate process, and it must fly out with you either as hand carry, or checked luggage. The VAT rebate is not applicable if the new case is posted out of the country ( DHL, FEDEX, etc.).

I hope this is helpful.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 7:22 am

Programs: AS MVPG, TK Elite, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, AMEX Plat
Rimowa Topas Titanium are on sale at Barneys and they include free shipping and returns.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 2:26 am
CTU

Kindly advise pls.

1. What is the different between Multiwheel IATA and Cabin Multiwheel [B]. Is IATA mean it's allow on all airlines?

2. I will be transit in Frankfurt from 6-8.30 am, and will be flying to Italy then France for my trip. Is worldshop my best chance - lowest price? Will they deliver to my gate at this time? Do they have non lufthansa logo Rimowa?

3. Is the shop in Italy or Paris offering the same price? What is the reasonable price for these two items.

Thank you very much in advance
Old Jul 10, 2014, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by CTU
Kindly advise pls.

1. What is the different between Multiwheel IATA and Cabin Multiwheel [B]. Is IATA mean it's allow on all airlines?

Thank you very much in advance
This has been discussed in other threads, each retailer describes them in different terms. You need to check the model number: one is the xxx.52 model, the other is the larger [fatter] xxx.56 model.

Second part of your question is more complicated -- the short version is neither is universally accepted by all airlines. Definitely the 56 version is problematic except for those in biz/first class.

I have been sitting on the fence forever between getting one over the other and my comments above only reflect what I've learned on FT. One needs to read through the various threads [which is a daunting task!] to see the experiences of others.

PS - here's one thread that might explain better: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...owa-carry.html

Last edited by dtsm; Jul 10, 2014 at 7:34 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.