Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Photography
Reload this Page >

Slightly OT: LCD frame recommendations

Old Jun 23, 2008, 7:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

It is only slightly OT so I hope that the mods let this one slide...

What brands/models, if any, have folks been happy with for LCD frames? I'm looking for one that would preferable support WiFi, but that is not a requirement. Expansion card for loading images definitely is a requirement, and video in addition to still shots would be a nice bonus.

This is the one that someone suggested but I don't get warm fuzzies looking at it, based on the price, screen size and vendor.

Any thoughts??

Thanks,
S.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-9-Inch...4272568&sr=8-2

Been very happy with it, plus gave a few away as gifts to some lucky people.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 8:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Do you find that the 640x480 resolution limits the image quality? That concerns me a bit, though I do like the 9" screen over the 8" option.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They actually look great. If course, up close you'll see pixels, but at the usual distance you look at photos it's stunning.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, WN CP AList
I've bought a couple different Philips models for older relatives and have been very happy with the quality.

The only problem is needing to put new photos on an SD card since they don't live close to me.

A friend recently bought one for his mother that has wifi capability. He can send it pics via email and it can check web albums for updates. He says it works great. I will find out the brand.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.