Reload this Page >

How (and where) to embed your pictures in the Travel Photography forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 16, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gfunkdave
I have copied the first post in this thread to this wiki so anyone can edit it.

A few people have asked in various threads, and I though that this might be a good opportunity to have some instructions for the various image hosting services out there on how to present their images on the TPF forum. I'm going to include the couple responses I've already drafted, but if people have info for ones I haven't included feel free to suggest the provider to me and/or write up the instructions.

S.
And, once you've decided to post your images on FlyerTalk, here are a couple decent threads to share on:
If you're having trouble posting images and cannot seem to figure out why they aren't showing up in the post, make sure to check your profile settings. There is an option to display images or not, and that may be the source of the problems. To get to the setting, click on the My FlyerTalk link, then on the Edit Options link. On that page scroll down and make sure that the check box is selected next to the option "Show Images (including attached images and images in [IMG] code)" and save the settings. Hopefully that will fix things.

Update:
Just wanted to add a welcome to folks who are coming over to this thread from some of the other fora that recently had photo embedding enabled. If you're having any problems or want to include details about a new hosting service please feel free to post in this thread and/or PM me.
Print Wikipost

How (and where) to embed your pictures in the Travel Photography forum

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2017, 3:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chrisny2
Test!
That's very beige.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 12:05 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Airmiles AMEX-MR Alaska Airlines
test

Old Apr 13, 2017, 1:55 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Airmiles AMEX-MR Alaska Airlines
test

Old Apr 30, 2017, 10:54 am

Testing this out
Old Apr 30, 2017, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by wjin
Testing this out

Looks like you're trying to import an image from google? Try 'right click' on the image, select 'copy image address', then use that to paste here using 'insert image'..
Old Apr 30, 2017, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
Looks like you're trying to import an image from google? Try 'right click' on the image, select 'copy image address', then use that to paste here using 'insert image'..
I think wjin did. Problem appears to be a permissions one as when I try to load that photo from the URL directly it is also blocked.

Google will let you set photos as public or private. It needs to be public to share here.
Originally Posted by injian
test
This worked, but it is massive. You should use a smaller size for what you're embedding from Flickr.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
I think wjin did. Problem appears to be a permissions one as when I try to load that photo from the URL directly it is also blocked.

Google will let you set photos as public or private. It needs to be public to share here.
Ah I see, I didn't realize that, thanks. Let me try it again.

Last edited by wjin; May 6, 2017 at 7:56 am Reason: Trying to post the photo again
Old May 4, 2017, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wjin
Ah I see, I didn't realize that, thanks. Let me try it again.
Nope...still broken.
Old May 29, 2017, 4:44 am

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.
*TEST FLICKR*

Last edited by PurdueFlyer; May 30, 2017 at 9:53 am
Old Jul 1, 2017, 5:16 am

Programs: FB Plat; BAEC Gold
Test

Last edited by DaveNCL; Jul 2, 2017 at 11:59 am
Old Jul 1, 2017, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DaveNCL
Test

Looks pixelated on iPhone display
It is small - 150x100px - but it shows.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 6:48 am

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
Originally Posted by DaveNCL
Test

Looks pixelated on iPhone display
It is pixelated because it is such a tiny image. 60x100 is roughly the same as a standard icon. It can never be enlarged enough to make a decent display image.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 7:10 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Anybody having issues in posting pictures from flyertalk gallery / photo album ?
I am not sure why the following does not work...
[ IMG ]http://gallery.flyertalk.com/gallery/album445/IMG_9199[ /IMG ]
(The 4 spaces are indeed not typed)
Old Jul 2, 2017, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by palmanfr
Anybody having issues in posting pictures from flyertalk gallery / photo album ?
I am not sure why the following does not work...
[ IMG ]http://gallery.flyertalk.com/gallery/album445/IMG_9199[ /IMG ]
(The 4 spaces are indeed not typed)
That's a link to a webpage, not an image. The image URL is http://gallery.flyertalk.com/gallery/albums/album445/IMG_9199.sized.jpg. To display it use [img]http://gallery.flyertalk.com/gallery/albums/album445/IMG_9199.sized.jpg[/img]

Old Jul 2, 2017, 11:15 am

Programs: FB Plat; BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by abmj-jr
It is pixelated because it is such a tiny image. 60x100 is roughly the same as a standard icon. It can never be enlarged enough to make a decent display image.
Don't worry, I was playing about with the FT photo hosting due to Photobucket throwing their toys out of the pram this week.

After most of the weekend I have finally managed to get Imgur to play ball when copying BB code on the iPad. For some reason Flickr will not allow you to copy code on the their website through an iPad and their app only shows a web link.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.