Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Photography
Reload this Page >

How (and where) to embed your pictures in the Travel Photography forum

Old Sep 16, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gfunkdave
I have copied the first post in this thread to this wiki so anyone can edit it.

A few people have asked in various threads, and I though that this might be a good opportunity to have some instructions for the various image hosting services out there on how to present their images on the TPF forum. I'm going to include the couple responses I've already drafted, but if people have info for ones I haven't included feel free to suggest the provider to me and/or write up the instructions.

S.
And, once you've decided to post your images on FlyerTalk, here are a couple decent threads to share on:
If you're having trouble posting images and cannot seem to figure out why they aren't showing up in the post, make sure to check your profile settings. There is an option to display images or not, and that may be the source of the problems. To get to the setting, click on the My FlyerTalk link, then on the Edit Options link. On that page scroll down and make sure that the check box is selected next to the option "Show Images (including attached images and images in [IMG] code)" and save the settings. Hopefully that will fix things.

Update:
Just wanted to add a welcome to folks who are coming over to this thread from some of the other fora that recently had photo embedding enabled. If you're having any problems or want to include details about a new hosting service please feel free to post in this thread and/or PM me.
Print Wikipost

How (and where) to embed your pictures in the Travel Photography forum

Old May 11, 2016, 5:37 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Posting from Flickr / BBcode / test:

Seems to be okay. At one of our hotel reviews all photos from Flickr via BBcode were posted twice, despite one link each per photo here on FT.

|| ELBA PALACE GOLF & VITAL HOTEL : OUR STAY : DELUXE ROOM || CALETA DE FUSTE || FUERTEVENTURA || ISLAS CANARIAS || SPAIN || DUB-FUE-ACE-LGW-LHR-DUB || OUR HOLIDAY : OBSERVATIONS AND IMPRESSIONS || JANUARY : FEBRUARY 2016 || by UggBoy UggGirl, on Flickr
Attached Images  

Last edited by uggboy; May 25, 2016 at 5:43 pm
Old May 21, 2016, 1:53 pm

Red Fox and pup

it works

Last edited by pnsnkr; May 21, 2016 at 1:56 pm Reason: it works
Old May 29, 2016, 8:31 pm

Programs: Virtuoso
Test to see if I know the new smug mug format:

Old Jun 24, 2016, 8:12 am
Formerly known as hcampana

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I've tried posing some photos that are hosted on my personal website, but they come out way too big. Anyone know how to contrain them in a post?

Thanks
Old Jun 25, 2016, 8:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by myeurocrush
I've tried posing some photos that are hosted on my personal website, but they come out way too big. Anyone know how to contrain them in a post?

Thanks
You have to resize them at the origin; there is no set of parameters to resize them within FlyerTalk.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 5:14 pm

Just having a go..
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-...-3JBFRwm-L.jpg
Old Jul 3, 2016, 5:18 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Your link is good, but you need to insert it in the image icon (the one that looks like an envelope when you bring up a screen for a new post). It will display the image automatically when you do that.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 5:23 pm

Thank you ! Will try again , all v new this to me..
Old Jul 3, 2016, 5:25 pm

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
If you are hosting your photos on Smugmug, try using the "Share" feature on the Smugmug site. I described it in post #253 above. That will display the image and not just the link.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 5:26 pm

Another try..

Old Jul 3, 2016, 5:30 pm

Success ! Another try , hopefully this time the important things in life
Old Aug 16, 2016, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I just bought a Theta S (in the mail) and would love to do a trip report with 360 photos. Is there a way to post those easily? Preferably able to manipulate and move the photo to look around. Flat photos of a 360 view don't look anywhere as nice.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 5:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HGHUA
I just bought a Theta S (in the mail) and would love to do a trip report with 360 photos. Is there a way to post those easily? Preferably able to manipulate and move the photo to look around. Flat photos of a 360 view don't look anywhere as nice.
I don't know what the output formats available are but the choices for embedding on FT are basically JPG or videos from YouTube. I've seen some 360 stuff in the latter so that might be the way you need to go, though that doesn't look great here. Better than nothing, I suppose.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 11:14 am

trying photobucket:

Last edited by MrColdShower; Aug 19, 2016 at 12:05 pm Reason: image too large
Old Sep 30, 2016, 3:50 pm

testing

https://www.flickr.com/photos/143927.../shares/95Fvpd

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.