Solar eclipse photography

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Solar eclipse photography

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2017, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
Great conditions in Jackson WY. I did the best I could-fairly amateur at taking pics. Had a Seymour Solar filter. But should have adjusted on the totality. It was a great experience.
Hi, I deleted your images due to them not uploading properly. They also were forcing a strange resize to the page. Can you try to re-upload them? I believe photobucket no longer lets you share images unless you upgraded your account. Here's some info on it: https://www.theverge.com/2017/7/4/15...sy-paid-update
Old Aug 22, 2017, 8:09 am

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Great weather in Hopkinsville, Kentucky yesterday - one stray cloud passed in front of the sun just as the partial eclipse was ending. I'm on vacation for the rest of the week and won't be able to post anything from my DSLR until I get to my desktop, but from the camera they look good.

Sounds like the Midwest was hit or miss - my sister in law in Jackson, Michigan said it was raining there, but the family in Norvell (just a few miles east of there) was able to see it.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT 2MM+; Marriott PLT
Originally Posted by chrisbrown97
Excellent! I have essentially the same exact set of photos. Do you mind saying how you assembled them into one image?
Old Aug 24, 2017, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by SeAAttle
Excellent! I have essentially the same exact set of photos. Do you mind saying how you assembled them into one image?
You can photoshop to create a larger canvas and then bring the photos into one image.

Otherwise if you camera did not move during the photos you can layer all the photos over each other and then use an easy adjustment in photoshop to bring all the 'lights' out. You would have needed a fairly wide angle lens to catch the span of the eclipse from one camera position.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA plat, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by SeAAttle
Exactly what LufthansaFlyer said. It was pretty straight forward even with my limited photoshop skills.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:23 pm

Sorry I'm a bit late to the party. Here are a few shots of the eclipse, taken in Hopkinsville.
Attached Images    

Last edited by md125; Sep 20, 2017 at 12:38 pm Reason: Pictures didn't show up...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.