Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Photography
Reload this Page >

Pocket-size, shoots RAW, large sensor, wide, manual control, what are my options?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pocket-size, shoots RAW, large sensor, wide, manual control, what are my options?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2016, 8:53 pm

Thanks for the suggestions, guys! I have also been looking forward for a new camera lately. Just like @Silent Orange, I am looking for smaller size compared to my EOS 60D. My friend suggested one of the Canon's M Series. I found the M3 model will fit my need.

Has anyone have experience in using Canon M3?

Thank you ^
Old Nov 6, 2016, 8:57 pm

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
I had the M3 and just switched back to the RX100. I do also carry an A7RII, so the RX100 is a secondary camera for the wife, and I use it when I need to be a little more discreet
Old Nov 7, 2016, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by chongl
I had the M3 and just switched back to the RX100. I do also carry an A7RII, so the RX100 is a secondary camera for the wife, and I use it when I need to be a little more discreet
I think this is going to be the combo I go for (or at least some variant of the A7, haven't decided on which) for an upcoming trip. Wife wants to get a bit more into photography so I figured the RX100 would be best for her. Not sure the Mk 5 is worth the premium, so I'll probably get mk 3 or 4.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.