Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Photography
Reload this Page >

what iPhone app for time lapse photos, preserving raw files and not just video?

Old Aug 18, 2016, 3:44 pm
TA
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM

Hi all -- your quick advice sought, and thanks in advance!

I used to use TriggerTrap to capture multiple hours of time lapse photos on my iPhone where I would later manually stitch together the photos into a movie with music, etc. But recently I discovered that they yanked the capability to use the iPhone internal camera.

Do you know any good (hopefully free) app that still offers the ability to automatically take hours of e.g. 20-second interval photos where the raw photo files are preserved on the camera for me to download?

I do not want one of the apps that automatically turns this into a movie and deletes the original photos -- there are plenty of those apps.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Old Aug 24, 2016, 12:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
I don't know about trigger traps or time lapses but iOS 10 is suppose to allow apps. to save RAWs from the iPhone.

I use the regular camera app. to make time-lapse movies, works fine especially with OIS on my 6S Plus.

Tried using the time lapse functionality on my Nikon DSLR but didn't work that well. First I would need to set up a tripod and second, it would take hours and hours to produce say 30 seconds or more.

Maybe some of the 3rd party apps. developers will update their apps, including those for taking interval photos, after iOS 10 comes out this fall.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by wco81
Tried using the time lapse functionality on my Nikon DSLR but didn't work that well. First I would need to set up a tripod and second, it would take hours and hours to produce say 30 seconds or more.
Thant won't make difference on ANY camera, including the iPhone6cam.
You have to process tham anyway.

There is a Time Lapse assembler for macOS.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.