Wiki Posts
Search

Camera in a Smart Watch...?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2016, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, SW, Hilton, , UAL PM, AA Gold-skeptic
Camera in a Smart Watch...?

Any recommendations for a smart watch with an on-board camera?

Surprised to see, while at Best Buy yesterday, this is not a mainstream product as yet.

Thanks,

RRZ
Old Jun 11, 2016, 9:10 pm

Programs: NZ*S
Between the physical size constraints and trying to shoehorn a lens and sensor in there and the practical reality of trying to point and shoot the camera at anything other than yourself I can't see it happening soon.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 9:39 pm

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
What possible use could one make of it? Tiny sensor, no lens worth the name and no viewfinder or way to compose an image. Looks like a kids toy, no more.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 2:42 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: FlyingBlue | Krisflyer | SPG | HHonors
Not close to a camera in a smart watch, but Garmin makes several smart watches (I have the Fenix) that can easily control its action camera Virb. It is something I use to take photos on a selfie stick or to control the action cam while mounting it on my helmet during skiing/snowboarding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.