Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Photography
Reload this Page >

Photolog: Tarangire NP, Serengeti, & Ngorogoro Crater (Tanzania)

Old Nov 6, 2015, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL SkyMiles, UA Mileage Plus

After I had completed my climb of Mt. Kilimanjaro I decided to take a relaxing 5 day safari through the 3 major National Parks in Northern Tanzania. Experiences that will never be forgotten. Below are a few of my images. Any comments & criticism would be welcome.

I will be posting one new photo to my website each day. So if you like these, feel free to view others.

http://globe-trekking.com/en/blog/20...rogoro-crater/

1. Elephant reaching for the trees, Tarangire National Park

2. Elephant group, Tarangire National Park

3. Reflective Zebra, Tarangire National Park

4. Whose watching whom? Serengeti National Park

5. I wonder if they were listening to Marvin Gaye's "Let's Get it On"

6. Let sleeping kitties sleep, Serengeti National Park

7. Tree climber, Serengeti National Park

8. Ngorogoro Crater

9. King of the Serengeti

10. You got a little something <points: right there>!

11. Wildebeest in the Ngorogoro Crater

12. Lazy Lioness in the Ngorogoro Crater (post kill)

13. Elephant & baby in the Tarangire National Park

14. <with a Hungarian accent: think Young Frankenstein> Roll, Roll, Roll in ze hay, uh, mud

15. Lioness looks for the source of the Circle of Life song (I couldn't help myself), Serengeti National Park
Old Nov 9, 2015, 4:04 pm

Very nice!
Old Nov 9, 2015, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've never even heard of Tarangire, Ngorongoro crater is incredible, the Serengeti was interesting. Likewise, Kilimanjaro was incredible.

Unfortunately something happened to all our film, the images were blue-fogged to uselessness.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL SkyMiles, UA Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by DiMAn0684
Very nice!
Thank you DiMAn0684!

Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel
I've never even heard of Tarangire, Ngorongoro crater is incredible, the Serengeti was interesting. Likewise, Kilimanjaro was incredible.

Unfortunately something happened to all our film, the images were blue-fogged to uselessness.
I had never heard for Tarangire until I got there. It's a beautiful park just to the west/southwest of Arusha National Park just before you reach Lake Manyara. It's best known for it's Baobob trees and for it's high density of elephants...

I was less impressed with Ngorogoro than I thought I would be. But I think I'd been watching too many documentaries on the Discovery Channel. I found the Serengeti to be my favorite of all the parks visited.... Kilimanjaro, well, I climbed it but not once did I ever see its peak from Moshi as it remained under cloud cover almost every day I was there. But above the cloud line it was always clear -- save for two days where there was rain, but fortunately after I had made camp...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.