Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Photography
Reload this Page >

Panasonic DMC LZ5 Storage

Old May 2, 2015, 7:06 am
Original Poster

I've got an old 2005 point/shoot/video camera and would like to use for upcoming cruise. Back in the day, started with 512mb and upgraded to 2gb in 2010 -- which is the last time I used the camera!

Tried to google search but can't seem to determine if it will accept a 4gb, 8gb or even 16gb memory card. The Ultra II Scandisk card I have is still available on amazon for $16.99 [yes], whereas other brands with higher storage starts at $4.00.

At worse, I'll just order another 2gb......
Old May 4, 2015, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by dtsm
I've got an old 2005 point/shoot/video camera and would like to use for upcoming cruise. Back in the day, started with 512mb and upgraded to 2gb in 2010 -- which is the last time I used the camera!

Tried to google search but can't seem to determine if it will accept a 4gb, 8gb or even 16gb memory card. The Ultra II Scandisk card I have is still available on amazon for $16.99 [yes], whereas other brands with higher storage starts at $4.00.

At worse, I'll just order another 2gb......
from http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/...c/dmc_lz5.html

it seems like the device cannot read SDHC or SDXC card officially, only regular SD. unofficially, dunno?

regular SD goes up to 4GB.... most 4GB cards are SDHC, you need to find one that explicitly says non-HC, but I doubt it'll be fast

I was writing about this earlier in another forum, got some links to non-HC 4GB cards: http://forums.anandtech.com/showpost...7&postcount=12
Old May 4, 2015, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by paperwastage
from http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/...c/dmc_lz5.html

it seems like the device cannot read SDHC or SDXC card officially, only regular SD. unofficially, dunno?
That could explain why my older 2gb scandisk SD cards are still $16.99....
Thanks for your help.
Old May 4, 2015, 3:10 pm

Programs: most of them
maybe borrow a bigger SD card from a friend with a camera and see if it will work?
Old May 5, 2015, 7:16 am
Original Poster

A friend has bunch of spare older ones that will work and sending to me. Thanks for replies.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.