Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Photography
Reload this Page >

Travel camera bag for nature photographer?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2015, 12:20 am
Original Poster

I am a nature photographer and mostly I travel both for business and pleasure.
I am looking for a nice camera bag which can fit my 13 inch Macbook, Nikon 810, 70-200mm, 24-70mm, 85mm, 35/50mm, flash and other accessories like external hard drives etc.
I prefer a camera backpack instead of a shoulder bag. I don't want this backpack to look like a camera backpack but a decent professional backpack etc. I will sometime carry the backpack to my customer sites and business sites, hence it should be quite professional. Give me few options.

At borrow lenses today, I saw this lowepro computrekker plus aw backpack. It is perfect but they are not sold any more in the US. Also they are bit heavy compared to the nice thinktank bags.
Is there any other backpacks that looks similar to the lowepro computrekker plus aw that is lighter in weight?
Old Mar 29, 2015, 8:07 am

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, EZ Pass Plat, Starbucks Gold, Whatever flight is cheapest
Have you tried googling images of camera backpacks to see what appears 'professional' enough for you? Any backpack I've actually used in the field does start to show wear (at least the way I treat/use mine - rain, abrasions, etc. ) so I'm not sure how long it would remain 'office' suitable.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by soap_bubbles
I am a nature photographer and mostly I travel both for business and pleasure.
I am looking for a nice camera bag which can fit my 13 inch Macbook, Nikon 810, 70-200mm, 24-70mm, 85mm, 35/50mm, flash and other accessories like external hard drives etc.
I prefer a camera backpack instead of a shoulder bag. I don't want this backpack to look like a camera backpack but a decent professional backpack etc. I will sometime carry the backpack to my customer sites and business sites, hence it should be quite professional. Give me few options.

At borrow lenses today, I saw this lowepro computrekker plus aw backpack. It is perfect but they are not sold any more in the US. Also they are bit heavy compared to the nice thinktank bags.
Is there any other backpacks that looks similar to the lowepro computrekker plus aw that is lighter in weight?
I'm a big fan of Crumpler. They're more stylish than your Lowerpro and super durable. I've beat up mine for almost 8 years now and looks brand new.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.