Near my hometown:

https://secure.flickr.com/photos/107...04/5571868269/
Old Jan 6, 2015, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
One of my favorite signs in the world

Old Jan 6, 2015, 5:20 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
That's a really good one ^

While in Madrid two weeks ago, I was riding the teleferico (cable car) and we went right over the M-30 Motorway. Other people probably didn't care, but I did:

Old Jan 7, 2015, 8:54 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Not actively, but interesting ones like the welcome to Denmark/Sweden sign when crossing the Oresund bridge, the ET Highway in Nevada or any Route 66 sign.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Here is my contribution to the thread:

DSC_2570 by thediamondguest, on Flickr

DSC_0015 by thediamondguest, on Flickr

DSC_2467 by thediamondguest, on Flickr

Last edited by fgirard; Jan 8, 2015 at 6:29 pm Reason: added another picture
Old Jan 9, 2015, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I can't believe nobody posted this yet

Old Jan 9, 2015, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by nobbyclark
Not actively, but interesting ones like the welcome to Denmark/Sweden sign when crossing the Oresund bridge, the ET Highway in Nevada or any Route 66 sign.
From Christmas in Santa Fe with a new blanket of snow:

As Phillips 66 based its name off the Route, here is one of their signs and a Corvette at the Gateway Auto Museum in Colorado where we stayed over New Year's:

Old Jan 9, 2015, 10:39 am

Slickrock Hill in far western Colorado a week ago today. It did live up to its name:

Old Jan 21, 2015, 5:19 pm

Our hectic society: a new extreme

Last summer, in the parking lot of the Devastated Area in Lassen Volcanic National Park (CA), I noticed a vehicle with its engine running, with the driver behind the wheel. A passenger was quickly photographing all of the interpretive signs nearby. He mumbled to me, "I don't even know what there is to see here, but I don't have time to find out...I'll read up on it when I get home".
Old Jan 21, 2015, 5:25 pm

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
Originally Posted by Reindeerflame
... Lassen Volcanic National Park (CA), I noticed a vehicle with its engine running, with the driver behind the wheel. A passenger was quickly photographing all of the interpretive signs nearby. He mumbled to me, "I don't even know what there is to see here, but I don't have time to find out...I'll read up on it when I get home".
That is just about the saddest thing I have heard in a long time.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 5:44 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Reindeerflame
Last summer, in the parking lot of the Devastated Area in Lassen Volcanic National Park (CA), I noticed a vehicle with its engine running, with the driver behind the wheel. A passenger was quickly photographing all of the interpretive signs nearby. He mumbled to me, "I don't even know what there is to see here, but I don't have time to find out...I'll read up on it when I get home".
Ugh that reminds me of a concert I was at last week. A person in front of me spent the whole show taking pictures with his phone, well over 100, probably more like 200. He ran around trying to get different angles. So what, you're going to look at the pictures later instead of expereicing the live show?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.