Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nikon Coolpix S9700

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2014, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Nikon Coolpix S9700

Well, just purchased this camera this week. It has wifi and GPS. You need to download the Nikon wireless mobile utility app on your phone, iPad, or pc first. It is very important to d/l the app first because many people have difficulty getting the wifi to activate. I took a few test picts of my dog; Cosmo at a pretty close range and they were super clear. The zoom lens is smooth. The camera is a bit bigger than my last Coolpix, I'll need to play around a bit to feel more comfortable.

Included with the camera is a USB cable, battery, charging adapter, and wrist strap. This is the first Nikon camera that I have owned that did not include an external battery charger. I guess Nikon went all cheap on us. The battery is charged in the phone via the USB cable to an outlet. Amazon has a Nikon branded battery charger for about $25 and an additional battery the same price. Unfortunately my other batteries don't fit.

Now all I need to to purchase a protective cover. Looking at something neoprene. I'll carry the camera in a cross body purse so I won't need a traditional camera bag. Any suggestions?
Old Jul 28, 2014, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Update

I found a case made by Lowepro that fits my camera perfectly. A small pocket is inside to hold extra battery and card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.