Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Photography
Reload this Page >

The Wildlife/Animal/Nature/Creature Photography Thread

The Wildlife/Animal/Nature/Creature Photography Thread

Old May 4, 2017, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by Mystiqz
Great shot!
Thanks. For whatever ever reason, I looked up into a tree canopy and there it was. I was probably more afraid of a boomslang falling in my lap than anything else!
Old May 4, 2017, 6:09 pm

Good day for the female Leopard, bad day for the Impala....

Old May 4, 2017, 6:56 pm

What lens were you using?

Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
Thanks. For whatever ever reason, I looked up into a tree canopy and there it was. I was probably more afraid of a boomslang falling in my lap than anything else!
Old May 4, 2017, 6:57 pm

Wow. I hope she wasn't hungry after that meal. She was definitely staring at you =D

Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
Good day for the female Leopard, bad day for the Impala....

Old May 4, 2017, 7:04 pm

What lens were you using?
Sigma 150-600S & Nikon D5
Old May 4, 2017, 7:13 pm

Wow. I hope she wasn't hungry after that meal. She was definitely staring at you =D
In this one she and I definitely made a bit of a connection. Bad photo on several levels, but the message is clear..... She is the most photogenic Leopard that I've ever photographed. I spent 2 days tracking and watching her, and her range of emotions from play, to hunt, to angry were simply amazing. I must have 1500 photos of her.

Same girl the day before:

Old May 5, 2017, 1:11 am
Suspended

Programs: Travel
Amazing Post

Originally Posted by nchinetti
Beautiful. Keep 'em coming. I will contribute when I come across something worthy. Thanks.
Amazing photos and so impressive forum.
Old May 5, 2017, 6:13 pm

This one always tends to be a conversation starter.....yes it's real, yes this is normal behavior by guides and trackers on private game reserves and NO the tracker, guide, nor guests were in any danger. It happens on almost every game drive, but not typically in public parks. The Lions (and other predators/critters) see people as part of the vehicle which they are accustomed to so you don't have the fear of them jumping in your lap. However, if you jump out of the vehicle, you're toast. It's a fine, fine line.

I've been in the tracker seat when observing predators...your heart certainly feels a bit differently as it tries to crack through your rib cage.

In this shot, we pulled to the side to watch a coalition of males resting. They decided to get up and walk past us towards someplace more exciting apparently.

Old May 5, 2017, 7:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
I remember the first game drive I went on. I had just arrived at Londolozi and after a quick bite to eat and shower I was put in one of the trucks. We stopped on a road and a leopard was talking towards us and came on my side of the truck and basically brushed against it walking past. I was so nervous and holding my breath I was afraid to even take a photo.
After a few more drives/days you see what it is like and loosen up a bit more. The only time I got a little nervous was when we were in sort of this shallow bowl with a few ornery elephants who were making some motions towards the truck.
Old May 5, 2017, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
I remember the first game drive I went on. I had just arrived at Londolozi and after a quick bite to eat and shower I was put in one of the trucks. We stopped on a road and a leopard was talking towards us and came on my side of the truck and basically brushed against it walking past. I was so nervous and holding my breath I was afraid to even take a photo.
After a few more drives/days you see what it is like and loosen up a bit more. The only time I got a little nervous was when we were in sort of this shallow bowl with a few ornery elephants who were making some motions towards the truck.
I couldn't have said it any differently when describing our first game drive. The rush adrenaline was impressive!
Old May 9, 2017, 8:23 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
From Alaska

Old May 13, 2017, 8:17 am

Last edited by HGOLI; Oct 14, 2017 at 3:15 pm Reason: The photo disappeared, not sure why!
Old May 16, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Great shot allset2travel!
Old May 20, 2017, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

moved

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; May 21, 2017 at 8:18 am
Old May 20, 2017, 9:39 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

These are beautiful photographs and I believe they are more suitable for the Travel Photography Forum:
Please follow as I move this thread to the appropriate Forum:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...cause-146.html
Obscure2k
Luxury Hotels and Travel Moderator

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.