Go Pro Anyone?

Old Apr 5, 2014, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Go Pro Anyone?

Was just wondering how many of you uses Go Pro as their camera during travels and vacations?

I bought a Go Pro Hero3+ black edition last February and believe me, I instantly fell in love with it. Where ever I go (even just around my local area) I bring it to take pictures.

I super love the way how you can use it underwater, in extreme sports and such! I even used it one time to record myself while driving in a freeway with my friends. I really loved it!
Old Apr 8, 2014, 5:10 am

I also have a GoPro 3 Black. Lovely camera.

While I usually use the DSLR with an UWA lens, there are certain shots I couldn't have taken without the GoPro. Like this one for example:

They really allow you to get creative don't they!
Old Apr 11, 2014, 7:23 am

Programs: MR & SPG Plat, BA Silver, AA Gold, UA Silver
I brought my gopro hero 2 with me to madrid last year and took lots of videos using the mount that you can wear over like a baseball hat and the waterproof case. I've seen other tourists place gopros on poles and walk around with them to stabilize the shot. On some of the tours I wore the head strap one and tried not to shake my head too much.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 11:34 pm

I would give the camera (inside waterproof housing) to my new infant niece and let her play with it. It's hardy enough to withstand her abuse and maybe get some cute footage out of it.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 1:44 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
I am guilty of owning about dozen GoPro cameras. Basically I've been buying like 2-3 of each generation, so now it's the 3+, I bought about two. I love using them for everything from snowboarding to watersports to driving. It's one of best tools out there for capture.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 3:50 pm

i recently saw a GoPro knock off. Are they any good?

Obir, great photo by the way.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 9:09 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, UA Silver, Marriott + SPG Gold, Global Entry
One of the most versatile cameras I've ever used. I love mine, I would recommend it to anyone.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 3:21 pm

Love it. I used it most for snowboarding, at the end of a telescoping stick - works much better than a helmet cam because you can be more dynamic and get in much tighter.
Old May 21, 2014, 6:53 am

Heard the new Hero4 is released around June ?
Anyone ?
Old May 29, 2014, 5:49 am

Programs: AA, DAL, blah, blah, blah...The usual.
It's so tiny there's no excuse to not throw it in my bag.
I've even accidentally packed it before.
During long layovers, I find a nice vantage point in an airport lounge, and shoot time lapse videos of the goings on at the airport.

Some turn out pretty cool. Some turn out really cool.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 11:42 pm

Hello, If I'm a newbie and want to buy GoPro Camera, could you give me a recommendation for the product series for me?
Old Jul 2, 2014, 3:29 am

Programs: QF
Originally Posted by safira
Hello, If I'm a newbie and want to buy GoPro Camera, could you give me a recommendation for the product series for me?
Hero 3+ for sure. Avoid the White Editions, they're cheap and lack features. The Silver is enough for most folks and is probably the best value of the lot and the Black Edition is for those with enough money or need the very best. Just have a look at the spec sheets.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 4:01 am

From an audio/video capability, are they good enough to serve as a primary family video camera? I'm not shooting documentaries but looking to replace an older Samsung HD camcorder.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 11:32 am

Programs: (PM)AA SPG (Marriott), Hilton
Originally Posted by billycwhatup
From an audio/video capability, are they good enough to serve as a primary family video camera? I'm not shooting documentaries but looking to replace an older Samsung HD camcorder.
Regular video, even simple, is not GoPro's strong point. The view is wide angle and the camera is designed to go places you wouldn't or couldn't take another camera.

Visit http://gopro.com/videos/video-of-the-day on GoPro's web site to get an idea of what GoPro output looks like. If you poke around the Internet, you'll find more.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 11:59 am

Programs: DL Kettle| HH Pot
Originally Posted by CitizenWorld
Hero 3+ for sure. Avoid the White Editions, they're cheap and lack features. The Silver is enough for most folks and is probably the best value of the lot and the Black Edition is for those with enough money or need the very best. Just have a look at the spec sheets.
+1 silver is a great camera.

Originally Posted by billycwhatup
Audio lacks with the waterproof case, video is great with/without the case. You can get an external mic also.

I think it would serve great as a primary family video camera once you get accustomed to not having a viewfinder or screen (unless you get the LCD backpack).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.