Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Go Pro Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2015, 6:06 am

Didn't use it yet, but after seeing the picture uploaded by obiterdictum, I feel very much excited...
Old Dec 30, 2015, 6:14 am
Suspended

Just picked up a GoPro Hero4 Silver. Hoping I can score some good shots in Bora Bora.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 4:28 am

I am actually surprised how much I use my GoPro 4 Silver. Initially bought it just for our honeymoon, but have been using it a lot since then. We will be going on some whale watching next week and hopefully we will be able to get some great videos of the whales above and under water.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 6:31 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by PDXUA
Since my last video was such a hit, I thought I would share my most recent one which is even more focused around the aviation, planes, and travel of it all. This was a trip booked with miles and points flying UA and TK in J and staying at the Amsterdam Marriott and a Renaissance property in Barcelona (which I would highly recommend!).

https://vimeo.com/144459478
Cool video dude ^

Just a general question; lots of people take time lapse videos of external flights but not many,, if any, doing time lapse videos of interior during the flight. I am specifically thinking of time-lapsing flights in First Class and seeing the whole on-board service, in like 90 seconds. Would it be any good?
Old Feb 6, 2016, 8:09 pm

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
Most airlines have regulations prohibiting filming or photographing staff. You might catch some flack for doing that.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by abmj-jr
Most airlines have regulations prohibiting filming or photographing staff. You might catch some flack for doing that.
My goal isn't to film staff but rather have the Go Pro set up so it shows what meals/drinks are being served/consumed etc and some first class flights' meal services can be upwards of two hours long. The footage might record some staff hands only when they are serving meals/taking away chinaware,cutlery/topping up drinks. In any instance, I'd probably let staff know what I was doing anyway.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 3:53 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, EZ Pass Plat, Starbucks Gold, Whatever flight is cheapest
Originally Posted by alanslegal
My goal isn't to film staff but rather have the Go Pro set up so it shows what meals/drinks are being served/consumed etc and some first class flights' meal services can be upwards of two hours long. The footage might record some staff hands only when they are serving meals/taking away chinaware,cutlery/topping up drinks. In any instance, I'd probably let staff know what I was doing anyway.
What exactly are you focusing on though? As a passenger, I wouldn't want a camera on me for hours at a time.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by cheepneezy
What exactly are you focusing on though? As a passenger, I wouldn't want a camera on me for hours at a time.
I am thinking of setting the Go Pro just behind my head, aimed down at my table, watching food arrive and being eaten away; a two hour meal service created into two minutes of video. I'm just brainstorming some ideas, maybe its not workable.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:49 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
This might have been shared before, but it's a great video shot using GoPro, and it's travel related too (if you're not based in Japan and want to go there). Every time I watch this I want to go to Tokyo.

Last edited by TOMFORD; Feb 11, 2016 at 5:23 am
Old Feb 10, 2016, 8:11 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, UA Silver, Marriott + SPG Gold, Global Entry
Cool video dude ^

Just a general question; lots of people take time lapse videos of external flights but not many,, if any, doing time lapse videos of interior during the flight. I am specifically thinking of time-lapsing flights in First Class and seeing the whole on-board service, in like 90 seconds. Would it be any good?
I think it'd be interesting to the majority of people on this website, and I'd like to see it! I'd go with 1 second time intervals for the time-lapse mode, and if you have a Hero4, I'd turn the exposure compensation up to +.5 if the meal service is at night or in the evening.

Originally Posted by abmj-jr
Indeed they do, but I've never had any issues as long as you make yourself the general focus of the shot and don't bother too many people while taking the picture.

Turn the blinking red light off in the settings (LED) to avoid drawing more attention to the camera than necessary.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 1:31 pm
Used to be 'Scooter'

Programs: Free Agent
I am thinking of setting the Go Pro just behind my head, aimed down at my table, watching food arrive and being eaten away; a two hour meal service created into two minutes of video. I'm just brainstorming some ideas, maybe its not workable.
I actually recorded the full dinner and breakfast service in Asiana first class from LAX to ICN last year with the intention of uploading it to my YouTube channel. I told the flight attendant I was recording (she didn't mind), and it turned out OK, but I decided not to upload it due to privacy concerns for the FA and other passengers.

If I film something like this again I'm going to frame it so that the FA's face isn't in the shot.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by PDXUA
I think it'd be interesting to the majority of people on this website, and I'd like to see it! I'd go with 1 second time intervals for the time-lapse mode, and if you have a Hero4, I'd turn the exposure compensation up to +.5 if the meal service is at night or in the evening.
Originally Posted by SANspotter
I actually recorded the full dinner and breakfast service in Asiana first class from LAX to ICN last year with the intention of uploading it to my YouTube channel. I told the flight attendant I was recording (she didn't mind), and it turned out OK, but I decided not to upload it due to privacy concerns for the FA and other passengers.

If I film something like this again I'm going to frame it so that the FA's face isn't in the shot.
Thank you for the feedback. I might give it a go (and definitely no people/faces in view) but it seems, it might be a bit boring but why not, give it a go as there is nothing to lose.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 3:03 pm

Programs: BAEC: Gold, HiltonHonours: Gold
great to see a go pro appreciation style thread. maybe it needs it's own for gopro video/picture specific sharing? :-)

here's a video of my year last year using my GoPro. this year unfortunately hasn't started in the same way unfortunately!
Old Mar 25, 2016, 6:32 pm
Used to be 'Scooter'

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by ChrisTheZulu
great to see a go pro appreciation style thread. maybe it needs it's own for gopro video/picture specific sharing? :-)

here's a video of my year last year using my GoPro. this year unfortunately hasn't started in the same way unfortunately!
That's really cool! You've inspired me to do something like that for this year - I've been shooting so much footage that I need to do something with it all...
Old Mar 26, 2016, 11:01 am

Programs: BAEC: Gold, HiltonHonours: Gold
Originally Posted by SANspotter
That's really cool! You've inspired me to do something like that for this year - I've been shooting so much footage that I need to do something with it all...
See, that's why i did it as i had so much footage without a home and didnt want to delete it!

i've just got round to stitching together my South Africa trip from December. May as well share it in here i guess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.