Go Pro Anyone?

Old Feb 2, 2015, 1:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy SE
Originally Posted by PDXUA
I take mine with me everywhere and just recently sifted through about 400GB of footage to throw together this edit from my most recent winter break, with quite a bit of travel involved. Would love to hear your thoughts!

https://vimeo.com/118298671
That's a nicely edited video! What software did you use and what kind of GoPro did you have?

Also, curious why people choose Vimeo over YouTube.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 2:56 am

Programs: AS MVPG, UA Silver, Marriott + SPG Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by flipstah
That's a nicely edited video! What software did you use and what kind of GoPro did you have?

Also, curious why people choose Vimeo over YouTube.
Thank you! I used Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects for the graphics at the beginning. It was shot with a mix of cameras. Mostly the Hero 4 Silver and the Hero 3 Black edition!

I choose vimeo because the videos simply look better on the vimeo website, because they give me powerful analytics with a plus account, because I can customize a lot more about how my videos are presented, and because the community on vimeo is a lot more like the flyer talk community. More likely to leave a constructive comment than a catastrophic one like you might find on, say, youtube! I actually use both, but I only send out the link to my Vimeo page.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 10:00 am

Thank you! I used Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects for the graphics at the beginning. It was shot with a mix of cameras. Mostly the Hero 4 Silver and the Hero 3 Black edition!

I choose vimeo because the videos simply look better on the vimeo website, because they give me powerful analytics with a plus account, because I can customize a lot more about how my videos are presented, and because the community on vimeo is a lot more like the flyer talk community. More likely to leave a constructive comment than a catastrophic one like you might find on, say, youtube! I actually use both, but I only send out the link to my Vimeo page.
Awesome. I was a Sony Vegas guy but then someone showed me Premiere Pro and I liked it!

I also have Vimeo but whenver I check it out, everything is dressed to the 9's and very well produced. Hm, maybe I'll start to step up my editing game and upload in Vimeo.

Meanwhile... CHEAP PLUG:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGrHlroUXzc
Old Feb 3, 2015, 11:49 am

Programs: DL Kettle| HH Pot

Man I need to step up my editing efforts. I just use the GoPro software (which is a PITA). How long did it take you to make that video?

Since we are all plugging our snowboarding videos, I'll plug mine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WigXRd-kUK8
Old Feb 3, 2015, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by EmptyKim
Man I need to step up my editing efforts. I just use the GoPro software (which is a PITA). How long did it take you to make that video?

Nice clip. Powder looked nice and soft, with plenty to play around with.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by EmptyKim

Originally Posted by flipstah
Awesome. I was a Sony Vegas guy but then someone showed me Premiere Pro and I liked it!

I also have Vimeo but whenver I check it out, everything is dressed to the 9's and very well produced. Hm, maybe I'll start to step up my editing game and upload in Vimeo.

Meanwhile... CHEAP PLUG:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGrHlroUXzc
Took me a solid week of editing for a few hours a day and then a day of color grading at the end. On Vimeo, a lot of what makes your video look better is the thumbnail, always take the time to upload a custom one and it makes a big difference! I started on Youtube and once I thought my videos were getting better, I moved to Vimeo.

GoPro studio is pretty bad as far as editing programs go, you're better off with iMovie if you have a mac, or the equivalent free platform on PCs!
Old Oct 24, 2015, 8:45 am

Programs: Delta Plat
Kudos!

I take mine with me everywhere and just recently sifted through about 400GB of footage to throw together this edit from my most recent winter break, with quite a bit of travel involved. Would love to hear your thoughts!

https://vimeo.com/118298671
Well done! Great stuff. Fellow PDXer here.

My girlfriend and I are getting ready to go to the Philippines for three weeks. I just picked up a cheap knock-off GoPro style cam. (Wanted to see if it was for me before going all in.) Any tips for compiling shots along the way?
Old Nov 3, 2015, 10:04 pm

Since my last video was such a hit, I thought I would share my most recent one which is even more focused around the aviation, planes, and travel of it all. This was a trip booked with miles and points flying UA and TK in J and staying at the Amsterdam Marriott and a Renaissance property in Barcelona (which I would highly recommend!).

https://vimeo.com/144459478
Old Nov 4, 2015, 12:52 pm
McG

Programs: BAEC
Since my last video was such a hit, I thought I would share my most recent one which is even more focused around the aviation, planes, and travel of it all. This was a trip booked with miles and points flying UA and TK in J and staying at the Amsterdam Marriott and a Renaissance property in Barcelona (which I would highly recommend!).

https://vimeo.com/144459478
Neat video. What mounts did you use to attach the GoPro to the trolley case and for shooting the seat belt fastening?
Old Nov 4, 2015, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by McG
What mounts did you use to attach the GoPro to the trolley case
Thank you! I'm not sure exactly what you mean by trolley case (are you talking about the baggage carousel, maybe?) but I used the jaws clamp to attach it to the seat belt and nearly everything else in the video as it is my favorite mount, by far. Hope that clears it up!
Old Nov 5, 2015, 4:25 am
McG

Go Pro Anyone?

Thanks for the info. Seems a useful mount to have.
When I said trolley case I was referring to your roller carry on.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by McG
Thanks for the info. Seems a useful mount to have.
When I said trolley case I was referring to your roller carry on.
Yes, it's far and away my favorite. That was what I used for the shots mounted to my carry-on!
Old Nov 5, 2015, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by billk86
Well done! Great stuff. Fellow PDXer here.

My girlfriend and I are getting ready to go to the Philippines for three weeks. I just picked up a cheap knock-off GoPro style cam. (Wanted to see if it was for me before going all in.) Any tips for compiling shots along the way?
As far as editing along the way goes, I would suggest keeping track of your best shots by simply dragging the best ones into an editing timeline and not worrying about making too many creative decisions until you are home from vacation. That way, when you are on your trip you can enjoy it, and when you get home, you will hopefully have 10-20minutes worth of great clips already in a timeline and then you can choose which ones go together the best to make a compelling story afterwards. I hope that makes sense. That's how I do it when I travel!
Old Nov 14, 2015, 3:13 am
McG

Go Pro Anyone?

@PDXUA GoPro tweeted a link to your video of your trip to AMS as their video of the day yesterday. Well done on the recognition.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by McG
@PDXUA GoPro tweeted a link to your video of your trip to AMS as their video of the day yesterday. Well done on the recognition.
I appreciate that! They also generated an influx of views, followers, emails, and dead cell phone batteries for yours truly! lol

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.