Go Pro Anyone?

Old Jan 17, 2015, 2:31 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, EZ Pass Plat, Starbucks Gold, Whatever flight is cheapest
Originally Posted by sbm12
Hero 3+ Black. It is not that the pictures are too dark or too grainy; it is that they are too blue. Typically I compensate for that with strobes but that's not an option with the GoPro.
Could you correct the blue in post?
Old Jan 18, 2015, 11:01 am

Just curious what people actually do with most of their GoPro footage? Do you keep hours and hours of footage? Delete all but the best footage? Do you ever use it (e.g., go back and watch, post on youtube, etc)?

I've been contemplating a gopro but not sure I would do anything with the footage except buy more storage space and have it sit there. Comments appreciated.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 11:57 am

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
Originally Posted by mmmatthew
... not sure I would do anything with the footage except buy more storage space and have it sit there. ...
+1.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 5:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by cheepneezy
Could you correct the blue in post?
To an extent, yes. But not enough easily enough IME. Sometimes you really do need the original data in the image to make it work.
Originally Posted by mmmatthew
Just curious what people actually do with most of their GoPro footage? Do you keep hours and hours of footage? Delete all but the best footage? Do you ever use it (e.g., go back and watch, post on youtube, etc)?
I post edited chunks on YouTube. I keep some of the raw for potential future use if I think there is going to be a use case. But I mostly delete the originals after I've done whatever processing I'm going to do and made myself happy about the output.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 2:07 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Is there anything that I can use to attach my Hero3 White to a backpack strap so that it faces the front? I'm not so keen on the GoPro OEM S&M chest strap.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 3:46 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, EZ Pass Plat, Starbucks Gold, Whatever flight is cheapest
Originally Posted by agp423
Is there anything that I can use to attach my Hero3 White to a backpack strap so that it faces the front? I'm not so keen on the GoPro OEM S&M chest strap.
https://peakdesign.com/store/pov-kit
Old Jan 23, 2015, 7:19 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

$30 for a damn clip?

What do you guys use as mounts for planes?
Old Jan 23, 2015, 8:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

What do you guys use as mounts for planes?
Suction cup mount to the window.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 8:13 am

$30 for a damn clip?
And that's only part of it. You need the base that attaches to your shoulder strap as well.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 5:29 am
Accor Contributor Badge

For those with the 3+ Black or similar (in terms of battery life), when you record at 1080p at 60fps for the duration of a full charge battery (~100 minutes), how big is the video file?
Old Jan 26, 2015, 11:50 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy SE
I use my GroPro Hero (yes, the original one) while snowboarding and I get decent photos.

The video is unbeatable though for what it can do. It's light, relatively cheap, and has small footprint. I love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbCMzbKjtzk

When you think about it, the original GoPro was just a cheap camera with plastic housing. It got fancier to compete with the copycats and prices went up.

What made it successful early on are the marketing ads. Love the GoPro.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:52 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Is the standard clear housing a waterproof housing? It looks like the water can leak in at the buttons?

Last edited by TOMFORD; Jan 28, 2015 at 4:12 pm
Old Jan 28, 2015, 4:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy SE
Is the standard clear housing a waterproof housing? It looks the water might leak in at the buttons?
If you have the waterproof back (no vents for mic pick-up), then yes it is.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 7:12 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

I do... I guess I will give it a try.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 12:47 am

Programs: AS MVPG, UA Silver, Marriott + SPG Gold, Global Entry
I take mine with me everywhere and just recently sifted through about 400GB of footage to throw together this edit from my most recent winter break, with quite a bit of travel involved. Would love to hear your thoughts!

https://vimeo.com/118298671

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.