Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Photography
Reload this Page >

iPhone 5s Review by Professional Photographer

Old Sep 25, 2013, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American AAdvantage

For those considering the iPhone 5s for their sole camera while traveling, this is a review done by a professional photographer... iPhone 5s camera review for photographers

In the article, the iPhone 5s is compared to the iPhone 5 and a standalone camera. For daylight photos, the iPhone 5 took slightly better pics than the iPhone 5s.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 9:08 pm

Interesting read. Thanks for sharing.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 11:07 pm
Suspended

Well i too liked iPhone 5 more. I will buy it soon.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 12:49 pm

I was looking for information like this. Thanks for the post!
Old Sep 28, 2013, 9:24 pm

Thanks for sharing. Enjoyable article. I did my own hands-on review, if you're interested. My conclusions were basically that it's a fantastic device for replacing a camera (shocker). Basically, it may not take the world's greatest photos, but they're to the point where they eliminate the need for a camera in most scenarios. I rarely carry around my DSLR anymore.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 10:46 pm

Thanks for sharing. Though I don't see any difference with both even after reading that article.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 9:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American AAdvantage
But I'd argue that technical innovation is not what this phone is about. I've found the iPhone 5s to be the most fun iPhone camera to date. Instead of extra pixels, I'm enjoying the speed, performance, and the new party tricks of burst shooting, slow-motion video, and easier, better low-light shooting. It's the most 'invisible' of the phones, as it just gets out of your way, so you can enjoy what you're doing. If you like shooting on smartphones, I'd recommend that you give it a try.

If getting the best technical quality and detail is important to you, none of the improvements in the iPhone 5s is likely to appeal. Picture quality in good light hasn't improved compared to the iPhone 5 - arguably it's deteriorated a little. Picture quality in poor light has improved considerably, but is still far short of both the quality and usability of a dedicated camera for night photography.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 3:30 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Useful review, thanks.

It made me decide not to get the iPhone 5S, but then got bored yesterday and kinda ordered one by accident.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.