Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Photography
Reload this Page >

How to set up a time lapse shoot on a 7D?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2011, 3:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.

From where I live on the top of a hill I am lucky enough to get great sunrises, sunsets and then at the moment a stunning moon and stars. I really would like to be able to capture sunset, the moon and stars through to sunrise and luckily at this time of year it is only about 6 hours but I really don’t fancy having to press the shutter every 2 minutes or whatever is required.

I have a 7D, remote control, good tripod but no clue how to do it or if it can be done with what I have.

Any thoughts?
Old Jun 9, 2011, 9:26 am

get a digital timer shutter remote like this http://cgi.ebay.com/280621331639
Old Jun 10, 2011, 5:22 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold 1MM, United Gold
Hook it up to your computer and run http://www.breezesys.com/DSLRRemotePro/features.htm You also get extra features like focus bracketing/stacking.

Canon also makes a developer's software package available so people can write their own interface software. I'd be surprised if somebody didn't already write a time lapse software package that is distributed for free (I haven't searched for one, though, so I don't know for sure).
Old Jun 10, 2011, 11:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
I have no figured out that the EOS software comes with it as standard so just need to connect my computer by USB so OK near power.

I now have a problem putting the images together. The MS Movie maker doesn't let you select how long each image plays for or the fps so looks like I need to pay for some software
Old Jun 17, 2011, 1:52 pm

Programs: Starwood
which remote do you have?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.