Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Photography
Reload this Page >

Photographing Taipei

Photographing Taipei

Old Nov 23, 2010, 4:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: PR Premier Elite, CX, Hyatt GP Plat, SPG Gold
Photographing Taipei

Visiting Taipei for the first time in 8 years. Any suggestions where to take nice photos to chronicle my trip? Actually any suggestions what to do in Taipei? By the way I only have 2 and 1/2 days and since my hotels paid already, I'm pretty much stuck in Taipei.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 11:33 pm

I still curious about this problem and I never been there before. I am looking forward your nice photos.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 11:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA GGL/CCR, AMEX Cent, HHonours Diamond, Marriott Tit, Hertz PC
This is my Flickr Set from Taipei, April 2008. Nothing too special because I only had a Sony pocket camera with me but hopefully you get some ideas here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sajidgi...7618792798970/
Old Nov 24, 2010, 12:00 am

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Taipei 101 tower
Night markets
Chang Kai Shek square
Dintaifung for dumplings

here's my pics from Philippines/Taipei trip last year:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hautebo...229776/?page=3
Old Nov 24, 2010, 9:13 am

Programs: AIR: AA, TrueBlue, MileagePlus
I am curious what people have to say as well... I will be there in a few weeks to prep for the New Years celebration. I know they have the Flora Expo going on... I have 2 days on my own before I start work, I was thinking about trying to rent a car to drive the highway that is supposed to be very scenic thru the mountains.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 5:10 pm

Definitely go to Taipei 101. You can get a great view from the top and the motion-countering thingy (big heavy ball) inside the building is interesting for photos. If you want a great view of 101 and the city, take a short hike up Elephant Mountain. It's within a reasonable walk from 101. Great for sunsets!

As already mentioned, CKS square is very good. I would also recommend Longshan Temple, Bopiliao Old Street, Mirimar Entertainment Park. Shilin night market is very popular although I prefer Raohe night market. Also, just on the north side of Songshan Airport is a park with a cool-looking bridge crossing the river there. Nearby is the Martyr's Shrine and Grand Hotel, both good for photos. Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall is also good with 101 in the background. If you have time, check out Dihua Street in western Taipei. Lots of shops with herbs and medicinal stuff. Bellavita Mall near 101 is pretty fancy with lots of architectural detail.

Hope that helps!
Old Nov 25, 2010, 1:56 pm

Programs: Miles & More;
Originally Posted by timeasterday
Definitely go to Taipei 101. You can get a great view from the top and the motion-countering thingy (big heavy ball) inside the building is interesting for photos. If you want a great view of 101 and the city, take a short hike up Elephant Mountain. It's within a reasonable walk from 101. Great for sunsets!

Hope that helps!
+1 for Elephant Mountain!
and if your wondering if its worth it - here is a picture i took from up there last year:

Old Nov 25, 2010, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PR Premier Elite, CX, Hyatt GP Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ARJ85
+1 for Elephant Mountain!
and if your wondering if its worth it - here is a picture i took from up there last year:

Wow great shot!

Timeasterday : when you say a reasonable walk, that means? 20 minutes?
Old Nov 25, 2010, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by keslergo
Wow great shot!

Timeasterday : when you say a reasonable walk, that means? 20 minutes?
The trailhead is about 15 minutes walk from Taipei 101. Then the trail ascends up a lot of stairs. That may take you 15 minutes if you are in good shape, or 30 minutes if you are not. Check out this link here:

http://taiwan-photography-blog.com/2...hant-mountain/

and,

http://kitchen.j321.com/Things-to-do...phant-Mountain
Old Nov 30, 2010, 11:04 am

I think I just found my next trip
Old Nov 30, 2010, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by phatrabbitzz
I think I just found my next trip
I highly recommend it. I'm headed there in 3 weeks and can't wait!
Old Dec 2, 2010, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by keslergo
Visiting Taipei for the first time in 8 years. Any suggestions where to take nice photos to chronicle my trip? Actually any suggestions what to do in Taipei? By the way I only have 2 and 1/2 days and since my hotels paid already, I'm pretty much stuck in Taipei.
I think you may just need to get ready to eat many many Cooked
snacks there!
Old Dec 6, 2010, 9:00 am

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
UA_Flyer did a trip there and documented it as a Photo trip report.

Could be worth heading to http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...it-ca-cx.html? for ideas....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.