Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Taking my Chihuahua to Chile

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2009, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

Taking my Chihuahua to Chile

I'll be traveling to Chile in April with my Chihuahua. I am having trouble finding any pet friendly hotels/restaurants in Valparaiso and Santa Cruz. I'm flying Continental and Copa, I know Continentals policies, but Copa is really vague. Has anyone made this trip with a small dog? Any thoughts, suggestions, ideas, stories? Thanks!
Old Mar 23, 2009, 9:02 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

I'd thinkCOPA will honor what Continental's policies are pretty much. But I'd worry a bit about Chile - be sure you have a veterinary health certificate, rabies certificate - perhaps translated into Spanish to boot.

The best thing IMO would to check with breeders' directories, contact Chilean breeders and ask them for information and recommendations, with plenty of time before you travel. Ditto contacting prospective hotels by e-mail before booking.

Remember, there are many countries around the world where travel with pets is strictly unusual; food and water, changes, etc. might be stressful to them, and diseases like pinworm may be common. It's better to be prepared.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.