Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

US Airways international flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2008, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat

I am looking into a US Airways flight from Europe to DEN via PHL. The first flight is a 757, the second is a 320.
How does US Airways do with pets? I know the pet will be flying as cargo, but I was just curious about this airline.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 1:03 am

Check before you book!

AFAIK US does not carry animals as cargo any longer, with the exception of the DCA LGA and BOS shuttles. You also can't carry a pet in the passenger cabin on any transatlantic flight.
I might be mistaken, but I believe that's what the current policy is. Hopefully someone will chime in if I am wrong.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 5:24 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
US pet policy: As GalleyWench mentions, no transAtlantic, no pet in cargo hold, sorry.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 5:51 am

Northwest Airlines allows pets in cabin and with luggage for international flights to Europe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.