Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

Traveling multiple pets...what to do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2016, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: MR Silver

I currently own 5 pomerarian dogs and Im moving soon, so I need to know the maximum amount of pets permitted in a single ticketed flight. Im going to fly from the US to the carribean.

Called different airlines and could not receive a straight answer regarding this issue. Hope someone has some information on a shipping company or what are the airline policies for this.

Thank you!
Old Aug 23, 2016, 1:44 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
That varies wildly and depends on the airline and - to a degree - to the staff manning the check-in desk upon departure.
What is your route?

Airlines generally restrict the total number of animals that can be transported in the cabin as well as the number of crates in the hold on any given flight, but don't always make this information publicly accessible.
Also, airline policies limit the number of animals that can be in one crate, but mostly there's exceptions for siblings etc. and the check-in staff at most does have a lot of leeway.
Five would be stretching it on all carriers I have experience with, but then, Pomeranians are small. Most dogs I ever accompanied was four puppies in one crate (on AA, going DFW-FRA) and they were accepted without any issues.
Find out which airlines fly your route, then research special assistance contact information and email them.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by carldosa
I currently own 5 pomerarian dogs and Im moving soon, so I need to know the maximum amount of pets permitted in a single ticketed flight. Im going to fly from the US to the carribean.
Let us know which island you are traveling to as it may help with the airline information. Also are you flying alone?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.