Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

Flying on DL, do I need Health Papers?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2015, 7:00 am
Original Poster

I will be flying with my son's cat on a Delta flight to Washington state. The Delta folks keep telling me, since she will be carry-on, I do not need any health papers. Please, is this actually true? Thanks!

Last edited by RSSrsvp; Apr 1, 2015 at 12:02 pm Reason: I clarified the title
Old Apr 1, 2015, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Found my own answer. If anyone needs to know: Delta does not require papers to board. However, Washington state does. I was told Spokane airport health officials randomly select pets to check for paperwork. If none are found, the pet can be quarantined for 30 days! Please check where you are flying into for their requirements! Off to the vet!
Old Apr 1, 2015, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by phallky03
Found my own answer. If anyone needs to know: Delta does not require papers to board. However, Washington state does. I was told Spokane airport health officials randomly select pets to check for paperwork. If none are found, the pet can be quarantined for 30 days! Please check where you are flying into for their requirements! Off to the vet!
I find that hard to believe for a domestic flight. Please quote your source.
Thanks!!!
Old Apr 1, 2015, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

I thought the same thing. Delta suggested I call the Washington State Department of Agriculture (http://agr.wa.gov/). The woman I talked with was very helpful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.