Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

HELP! Traveller needed for Pug; CALGARY-FRANKFURT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HELP! Traveller needed for Pug; CALGARY-FRANKFURT

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2015, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation HELP! Traveller needed for Pug; CALGARY-FRANKFURT

Hello! My name is Kirsty and I am looking for someone to travel with my small dog (Daisy, 6yo, pug) on a direct flight from Calgary (CA)-Frankfurt (DE), ideally sometime during the first week of February. If not then, anytime in February would work.
It would not be a problem if Frankfurt was not your final destination, as long as you could bring the dog with you for that leg of the trip.

I would require someone to either take her as their carry-on baggage, or check her in under the plane. Daisy has travelled several times before and has never had an accident, or any other problem for that matter, while in her carrier on the plane. She is a very friendly and is very trusting and quiet dog.

Once she is in Frankfurt I would pick her up from your arrival gate.
I am willing to pay either 150€/200$ in cash, and (optionally) shower you with delicious German beer and treats.
Also, if you are travelling towards east Germany, I would be more than willing to offer up a spare bedroom and/or tattoo work.
(IG: kwellstattoo)
I just really want to get Daisy back home safe!

If you or anyone you know could help me, or if you have any other questions, please contact me!!
[email protected]

Cheers, Kirsty
Old Jan 19, 2015, 2:41 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
What you need is called a flight companion.
To increase your chances of finding one, use facebook. There's several flight companion groups with thousands of members on there:
https://www.facebook.com/flugpaten
https://www.facebook.com/groups/270716999682506/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/140451080171/

Oddly, most of them seem to cater to Germans, so if you would be able to post/communicate in that language that'd be helpful.

Also, the only airline who flies this route nonstop is Air Canada. Try posting this on their facebook page.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 1:26 am
Original Poster

Okay, thanks a lot for the links!
They're helping already!!
Old Jan 20, 2015, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
If you want her to travel in February, I'd definitely recommend a place in the cabin. Depending on how much she weighs, AC won't accept her as checked baggage - they ban all animals weighing under 4.5kg from travel in the hold during wintertime (Nov.1 to March 31).
Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.