Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

Redeye flights better for dogs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2014, 4:09 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I'm thinking of doing a coast to coast flight that will probably be 5.5 hours. I'm thinking that it will be easier on the mutt if it's a red eye. Is my thinking flawed there? Does anyone have any opinions or information on this? I've tried to google it to no avail.
Old May 31, 2014, 3:06 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
I assume you'll travel with your dog as checked baggage, not in the cabin as a carry-on.
I've done several edeye transcon flights with my dog and it was perfect.
And it is indeed easier on them: Redeyes have the big advantage of avoiding the heat of the sun at the departure and arrival airports during loading and unloading, which is the greatest health risk for them when flying. Go for it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.