Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

Looking to share a charter flight from the UK/EU to the US for dogs/pets...in June?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looking to share a charter flight from the UK/EU to the US for dogs/pets...in June?

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2014, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Good afternoon - I am looking to take my dog to the US for the summer and looking to share the costs of the flight with others. I would look at everything from buying a couple seats if another person has chartered the flights and looking to use up spare space or outright split the flight. I am flexible as to the departure time (ideally late/end of June) would like to leave from London/UK to the East Coast/NYC. I am hoping to get a few interested parties to join me and split the costs

thank you

chris
Old May 3, 2014, 5:28 pm

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
look at brokers. A pet-friendly private jet seat-booking service I know is blackjet.com (formerly Greenjets).
Old May 15, 2014, 5:42 am

Have you looked at regular airlines and/or QE2?
Old May 21, 2014, 2:45 pm

Not sure if your issue has been resolved, but I just PM'ed you a lead. Check your private messages.
Old May 29, 2015, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by cpyosh
Good afternoon - I am looking to take my dog to the US for the summer and looking to share the costs of the flight with others. I would look at everything from buying a couple seats if another person has chartered the flights and looking to use up spare space or outright split the flight. I am flexible as to the departure time (ideally late/end of June) would like to leave from London/UK to the East Coast/NYC. I am hoping to get a few interested parties to join me and split the costs

thank you

chris
Old May 29, 2015, 5:23 am

I am looking to do the same, but around August 2015. UK to USA. Would not be able to afford thousands, but would be great to use up 2 empty seats, and have my small dog travel in safety and comfort. It would just be the one way. Have you had any luck with leads or quotes on this?
Old May 29, 2015, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
Originally Posted by beautysalon
Would not be able to afford thousands, but would be great to use up 2 empty seats, and have my small dog travel in safety and comfort.
Sorry to disappoint you there. Flying private for the price of a regular economy ticket is not going to happen. Empty seats on a private jet, especially on long international flights, will inevitably cost "thousands". Cheapest I was ever quoted was ~US$4k for BQH-TEB. There's a few links to seat brokers in this forum - research them. Apart from having personal connections, that's the most affordable way to fly private.

If you had a service dog, (neither B0 nor DY accept accept pets in the cabin apart from service dogs!), the cheapest premium seats from LON to NYC would be in Norwegian's premium cabin - those cost from EUR 650 one way, and although they are more of a premium economy offer than business class, they are spacious (46" of pitch) and comfortable.
The cheapest way to transport a dog to the US in the 'safety and comfort' you probably envisioned would be using La Compagnie and their two-for-one sale - two business-class seats LTN-EWR for GBP 1,950 - return.

If you have just a small dog (meaning one that is accepted for in-cabin transport on scheduled service airlines - 8 kgs or less combined animal+carrier weight), you don't need two seats, at least not in business class. With most contemporary business class seats, the dog carrier will fit under the footrest in front of you.

My advice: Fly from the Continent and check the Premium fare deals forum for cheap premium cabin fares on pet-friendly airlines if you want to splurge on a limited budget.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.