Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

Rollaboard allowed with pet? (Jetblue)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2014, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Skymiles, B6 TrueBlue, Amtrak Guest Rewards

I'm traveling with my cat (we are moving), and I have a 22" rollaboard that I am hoping to carry on as well. I have seen both that the pet (which obviously takes no overhead space) counts as your personal item, or as your carry on item. Does anyone know which would be the case? I'd really hate to pay $70 for a third checked bag for a 22" bag if they decide I can't take it on the plane at the airport. We will be on a JetBlue A320 if it matters.
Old May 3, 2014, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
JetBlue's publicly available policies about this are a bit unclear there, right. Wording like"A pet will count as your one personal carry-on item" (here) certainly leads to confusion.
However, I've seen passengers with rollabords and pet carriers on flights boarding with no problems. And the wording on their "travel with pets" website indeed refers to the pet carrier counting as the personal item, not the carryon:Your pet and carrier count as one personal item onboard.
You should be fine.
Old May 9, 2014, 10:30 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
The carriers made for airline use are personal item sized, so that's what they are. Since B6 makes you use up that allowance when traveling with a pet, that's what you use. You can still bring your rollaboard.

That said, some airlines (United is one of them) exempt pet carriers and allow you a personal item still.
Old May 23, 2014, 2:41 pm
Suspended

Smile

Most likely you won't have any problem no matter what the airline is. I flew on JetBlue like the other guy mentioned.... I had my carryon & my Rollaboard. No worries at all@@@
Old May 26, 2014, 4:57 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
They're not going to allow you to put the pet carrier in the overhead bin, and most airlines require pets / carriers to fit under the seat in front of you - so, according to deductive reasoning of my detective friend, Sherlock Bones, you should be fine with your rollaboard and your pet carrier. I've seen this scenario repeated many times over the years. (My dogs would agree, but with the heat they are sleeping.)

(Assistance animals are a different issue, not included in this post.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.