Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

Experience with Pets on Charter Flight to UK?

Old Jan 6, 2014, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

We are relocating to the UK and I have pugs so there is no way I would ever have them in cargo. I am aware of Cunard, but their kennels fill so far in advance that we will have to go well before we could get space on a cruise. I see a lot of interest and questions on chartering a flight to the UK from the east coast of the US, but I haven't seen anyone report back with success on this. I am hoping to find someone who actually has done this successfully. I would love to know details such as who you found the flight through and how you best found others who went at the same time to share cost, what the cost was, how the flight went, and other similar details. Thanks so much!
Old Jan 10, 2014, 10:02 pm

Have you considered a flight in the cabin to France and travel from there? I know some airlines may not carry Pugs though.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 1:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonours Diamond, Tesco Clubcard!
Yes, best to fly into CDG and then travel by car from there via Eurotunnel. As Coolio says you'll need to check with the airlines re carrying a pug however.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
What kazza said. Definitely fly to anywhere else in Europe (AF to CDG, LH to FRA, DL to AMS) with an airline that accepts pets in the cabin and then drive over (no pets on the Eurostar!) . Trying to fly directly to the UK with your dogs will be an expensive bureaucratic madness.
How many pugs do you have? There's a few airlines who will allow you to transport smaller dogs in the cabin, but I’m not aware of any airline allowing more than two animals in one kennel regardless if they fit size-wise. Check out this post, I’ve listed a few airlines allowing in-cabin dogs transatlantic with links to their policies.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.