Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

Airport Pet relief areas Inside Security?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2013, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum

I seem to recall reading about a major US airport that had opened a pet relief area inside the secure area. When changing planes on coast to coast flights, I need to allow several hours for the dog to relieve herself , in case the security line back into the airport is long.
Planning our next trip. can change in Charlotte, DFW, ORD, IAD or ATL. Any ideas?
Old Oct 9, 2013, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Any others?

San Diego: San Diego International Airport (SAN)
San Diego International has three pet and service animal relief areas. One is located outside between Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. At the Commuter Terminal, go to the west end; the area is located outside the terminal entrance. There is also an indoor, post-security animal relief area in Terminal 2 West next to the human bathrooms between Gates 46 and 47. The amenities include fake grass, a red fire hydrant, poop bags, and even sinks for the humans to wash their hands.

Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
While the majority of the five Dulles pet relief area locations are outside the Main Terminal, two are inside the midfield concourses for the convenience of ticketed connecting passengers. The indoor locations also feature unique ventilation and flushing/drainage systems to maintain clean facilities. All locations are signed and include supplies for disposal of pet waste. Locations inside the concourses: Adjacent to Gate A32, next to the Virgin Atlantic Club; Across from Gate D1. Locations outside the Main Terminal: Look for Pet Relief Areas on opposite ends of the Main Terminal. Exit the terminal doors near the United Airlines Ticket Counter and turn right, or exit the terminal doors near the Delta Air Lines Ticket Counter and turn left. There is also a relief area outside, adjacent to baggage claim number 1.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 12:29 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
SEA. I landed at the C gates on Friday and was very pleasantly surprised to see a pet relief area there. I didn't go and look at it but I saw the signs for it and it was marked on the information map board. I knew they had landside areas but this one was clearly airside?
Old May 28, 2014, 1:01 pm

Programs: United Gold
Hi. I'm connecting through ATL from SAN to PBI. Does anyone know if there is a pet relief area inside security at ATL?

Thank you, everyone!
Old May 31, 2014, 3:16 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
no, ATL only has landside outdoor pet relief areas.
Details here
Old Jun 14, 2014, 2:49 pm

http://petfriendlytravel.com/airports

I flew out of LAX earlier this year, there was a small pet relief area in the newly renovated Bradley terminal, after security. It was upstairs...somewhere.. I don't recall exactly where, I just saw the signs and was curious enough to go have a look. It was a smallish room, with one wall of glass, that was only 3/4 of the way to the ceiling, so, it was very slightly open air. Poop bags and filled water bowls were supplied, the flooring was artificial grass.. It was not being used. I couldn't help but think they would make ALOT of travelers very happy, if hey made a similar room, but instead of pet relief, dedicated it as a smoking area.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 8:00 am

There is also one in the D terminal at DFW - in the D20/30s as I recall.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 12:18 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Auscal
http://petfriendlytravel.com/airports

I flew out of LAX earlier this year, there was a small pet relief area in the newly renovated Bradley terminal, after security. It was upstairs...somewhere.. I don't recall exactly where, I just saw the signs and was curious enough to go have a look. It was a smallish room, with one wall of glass, that was only 3/4 of the way to the ceiling, so, it was very slightly open air. Poop bags and filled water bowls were supplied, the flooring was artificial grass.. It was not being used. I couldn't help but think they would make ALOT of travelers very happy, if hey made a similar room, but instead of pet relief, dedicated it as a smoking area.
That's a helpful site! Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.