Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

Bringing dogs from US to Brazil

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2012, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, DL G, Marriott Gold

I have 2 dogs, and unfortunately I'm having to send them to Brazil to stay with family there. I'm struggling on the requirements for rabies vaccinations, I'm wondering if anyone can help me:

- 1st dog has yearly rabies vaccination, last given 03/21/2011 and new one will be given 03/23/2012. According to some sources, Brazil requires that the rabies vaccination be given more than 30 days but less than 1 year. On other sources, it's said that that requirement is only for the pet's first rabies vaccine. Am I going to have trouble with that dog?

- 2nd dog had a 3 year rabies vaccine in 10/2009. It's my understanding that Brazil does not recognize the 3 year rabies vaccination. She'll be getting a new one the same date, 03/23/2012. Am I going to have trouble with this dog?

I'm flying on 03/25/2012, and it'll be impossible to wait 30 days to take them.... can anyone shed a light? anyone with tips on bringing pets into Brazil (GRU)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.