Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transatlantic in-cabin pet?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2011, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Transatlantic in-cabin pet?

I am looking into flying from the U.S. (IAH) to Germany (FRA) with a 9 lb dog as an in-cabin pet. The Continental web site simply says to call Reservations on the phone for information on international in-cabin pet travel.

I was told by a CO rep on the phone that Continental does not allow in-cabin pets on flights to Germany. Is this really the case?

Which airlines do allow in-cabin pets on transatlantic flights?
Old Oct 19, 2011, 10:03 pm

Try Lufthansa instead. They seem to take pets in cabin of your little dog's weight. See here: http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...d=1769643&l=en

Make sure that your flight is not a codeshare that is really operated by Continental before you book!!!
Old Oct 20, 2011, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
I would also investigate Delta.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

After a lot of time calling the airlines:

DO allow transatlantic in-cabin pets: Delta, United, Lufthansa

Do NOT allow transatlantic in-cabin pets: American, Continental, U.S. Airways

Continental charges $125. Lufthansa charges $100. Unfortunately, for a code share itinerary that has several operators, it seems you have to pay each operator's fee. (Typically the fee covers unlimited segments "in one direction".)
Old Oct 21, 2011, 6:25 am

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
DL charged me $125 for my in-cabin cat for a TATL flight in June. I connected to a DL codeshare (Czech Airlines) in PRG and fully expected to have to pay them too. When I went to the gate and they saw I had the cat, they asked if I had paid for the cat. Being groggy after a long TATL flight I said yes (I had paid in the US) and they just let me through the gate security with the cat. They didn't ask for a receipt. I was lucky and saved around 35 Euros.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.