Wiki Posts
Search

In Cabin pet with Korean Air

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2011, 9:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Platinum
In Cabin pet with Korean Air

Anyone has any expeirence with carry-on pet on Korean Air? I have a dog that weighs 10lb, with the kennel it's roughly 12-13lbs, which is about 1-2 lbs over their limit. Not sure whether weight limit is strictly enforced at KA.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 4:21 pm

How did it go? We are in the same situation.

Hi, How did it go for you? We are in the same situation. We are worried about the extra 2lbs...
Old Apr 26, 2012, 8:15 pm

in cabin weight restriction

Originally Posted by DCSG
Hi, How did it go for you? We are in the same situation. We are worried about the extra 2lbs...
Hi, How did you go with the extra weight? am in the same situation hope you can put my mind to rest as mine is really too small to be in the cargo section.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by qq511
Anyone has any expeirence with carry-on pet on Korean Air? I have a dog that weighs 10lb, with the kennel it's roughly 12-13lbs, which is about 1-2 lbs over their limit. Not sure whether weight limit is strictly enforced at KA.
Hi, How did you go with the extra weight? am in the same situation hope you can put my mind to rest as mine is really too small to be in the cargo section. Many thanks
Old May 2, 2012, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Platinum
We are travelling in about 2 weeks, will let you know.

Originally Posted by jessicadog
Hi, How did you go with the extra weight? am in the same situation hope you can put my mind to rest as mine is really too small to be in the cargo section. Many thanks
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:57 pm

So what happened?

I have the same dilemma. What was the outcome of this? Was the airline strict about the weight?
Old Apr 14, 2013, 4:15 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, United, American
Cat on Korean Air

We too face the same scenario. Our cat is a 4 pounds over the limit, but fits easily into a regulation carrier. We will be traveling in business class, where there's plenty of room. Did any of you have any problems with your overweight pets. Look forward to your replies. Thanks
Old Apr 14, 2013, 4:21 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, United, American
Pet Travel on Korean Air

Does anyone have any experience with in cabin pet travel on Korean Air. Their policy says 5kg/11lbs is the maximum weight. Our cat is a bit over, and I am wondering how strictly this standard is enforced. We will likely be traveling on a business class ticket (or even upgrade to first with points), so space is not an issue. Likewise, we've already confirmed with KE that pets are permitted in all cabins. So the issue comes down to how strictly the weight limit is enforced. Any experience with KE is appreciated.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by DCCXFlyer
Does anyone have any experience with in cabin pet travel on Korean Air. Their policy says 5kg/11lbs is the maximum weight. Our cat is a bit over, and I am wondering how strictly this standard is enforced. We will likely be traveling on a business class ticket (or even upgrade to first with points), so space is not an issue. Likewise, we've already confirmed with KE that pets are permitted in all cabins. So the issue comes down to how strictly the weight limit is enforced. Any experience with KE is appreciated.
bump
Old Jul 14, 2015, 8:40 am

So what happened with this? i'm facing exactly the same problem where the cat is over the 5kg weight (I think he's about 8kg)
Old Jul 15, 2015, 7:31 pm

I made the mistake of going with another carrier and putting my pets in cargo. I wish I could turn back time.

However, if I was worried about KE being sticklers about this, I would actually borrow a similar looking pet who's within the weight limit from a friend to bring to check on counter. It's unlikely they'd weigh the animal again at the gate.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 5:38 am

Would also love to hear from anyone who made this trip with a bigger cat -- we're looking into taking Korean Air or Asiana Air as well.
Many thanks!!!
Old Sep 8, 2016, 4:08 pm

Programs: Asiana Club Diamond (*G), AA PPro (OWE), Korean Air Skypass MC (STE)
Just following up here, has anyone had their "just-over" in-cabin pet weighed on check-in?
Thanks
Old Nov 4, 2017, 6:12 pm

I am going to bounce this up to the top. Anyone actually able to report on how the cat is weighed? And are they strict?
Old Nov 6, 2021, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by dkjb3t4
So what happened with this? i'm facing exactly the same problem where the cat is over the 5kg weight (I think he's about 8kg)

Hi I’m facing same problem, my cat is about 7kg and I was wondering how did you deal with Korean air to have your pet in cabin ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.