Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Sign in using an external account

Old May 29, 10, 2:43 am   #1

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Silver, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
Anyone have experience using Feliway when flying with a cat

Fishka, the Ukrainian mafia kitten, gets very stressed when traveling just a few km by car or when she is taken to a new place. I will be moving from Bulgaria to Cyprus soon and will be taking her with me on the short flight (2 hrs). I'll be carrying her as carry-on baggage. Since she really gets stressed, I asked my vet about what I could do to keep her calm and he recommended a product called Feliway, which is some kind of phemerone that supposedly helps with the stress. You spray it in the cat carrier and then put the cat inside after a few minutes. I'd really like to know if anyone has used this and if it works because I do not want everyone on the flight hating me because Fishka is waiting up a storm.