Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

Looking for DC hotel without outrageous pet fee

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2010, 11:03 am
Original Poster

We're looking for a hotel in the greater DC area for a short (3-4 nights stay) and need to take the cats with us due to work on the house. Can out anybody suggest a pet-friendly place without an obscene pet fee? Everyplace I've found via the web lists pet fees in the range of $75 to $150 per pet per stay - so I could be paying more for the cats than for the humans.

Is the extreme high pet fee something characteristic of the capital? Most cities it seems like $25 either per pet or per stay is the norm, with the occasional ridiculous outlier, but every place I've checked in DC the fee is sky high.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 8:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by CDTraveler
We're looking for a hotel in the greater DC area for a short (3-4 nights stay) and need to take the cats with us due to work on the house. Can out anybody suggest a pet-friendly place without an obscene pet fee? Everyplace I've found via the web lists pet fees in the range of $75 to $150 per pet per stay - so I could be paying more for the cats than for the humans.

Is the extreme high pet fee something characteristic of the capital? Most cities it seems like $25 either per pet or per stay is the norm, with the occasional ridiculous outlier, but every place I've checked in DC the fee is sky high.
Kimpton Hotels are pet friendly, and IIRC, don't charge a pet fee. They have several in the greater DC area. http://www.kimptonhotels.com/hotels/hotels.aspx
Old Mar 15, 2010, 12:24 am

Programs: nwa
I would Highly recommend the kimpton hotel. I recently stay at the Helix is near metro, very chic , it has no pool but a really nice lounge. They also have a few promotions this time of the year . Parking is expensive but there are nearby lots with better prices.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.