Flying Airtran with 20lb pup

Old Feb 3, 2010, 11:00 pm
Original Poster

Flying Airtran with 20lb pup

I am going to be flying Airtran with my 20 lb Norfolk ter. mix. I bought the Med. size Sherpa bag with the Delta logo on it. I am wondering if anyone has recently flown with and in-cabin pet and what your experience was? I am worried because i could not find a bag that met the size requirements. I did find that the Sherpa "Guaranteed on Board" accepted my bag size. So, I have a printed out "Guaranteed on Board" certificate. Does this mean anything to the ticket agent especially if the bag is not the size on the Airtran website?
Old Feb 4, 2010, 2:16 pm

All the Sherpa bags will fit under the seat. Some airlines even recommend the Sherpa bag brand specifically. The important thing is that the combined weight of the pet and bag does not exceed the maximum (usually 15 pounds). Check with the airline. I've heard of people being refused if their pet is one pound over the limit.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Airtran states on the website that they do NOT have a weight limit. They are one of the only airlines I have seen this. Thanks for your reply. If anyone else has any experience I would love to hear.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 8:12 am

sungurlmr,

I am flying Airtran in May with 2 dogs. One is approx. 14lbs, the other approx. 18lbs. Please let me know if your 20lb pup fit in the Sherpa bag & how your flight went. I appreciate any info. Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.