Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel News
Reload this Page >

Duct tape has long been flight crews' secret weapon

Old Jul 21, 2007, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...639470,00.html

We all read the story about the hellish woman arrested after the hellish flight from San Francisco to DIA.
We couldn't resist because we all have our own in-flight horror stories to tell. And what made this story even better was the one irresistible detail - that the truly obnoxious passenger (yeah, like the guy sitting next to you on that flight from Vegas) could be legally duct-taped to his/her seat.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 8:05 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
ok, i'm confused or perhaps just having a bald moment but the author weaves all over the place in his story the way my ex-wife drove a car...........
  • was this flight airborne or not? the author mentions "while at 30,000 feet but....
  • was this pre/post 9/11?
  • i know it's not wn as he mentions first class but it's an las-lax flght so who flies an f-product las-lax. the only no's that i know of are wn and ua (theodore)
  • if it was airborne, then what in god's good name was the pilot doing leaving the flght deck if post 9/11 and if in fact it is psot 9/11, the actions of this pax warrant a divert or at least a priorty apporach to lax and subsequent arrest upon landing.
  • if not airborne, why in god's good name was this pax allowed to fly and not removed by leo's before the plane left the gate?
stuph just doesn't add up
Old Jul 22, 2007, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goalie
ok, i'm confused or perhaps just having a bald moment but the author weaves all over the place in his story the way my ex-wife drove a car...........
  • was this flight airborne or not? the author mentions "while at 30,000 feet but....
  • was this pre/post 9/11?
  • i know it's not wn as he mentions first class but it's an las-lax flght so who flies an f-product las-lax. the only no's that i know of are wn and ua (theodore)
  • if it was airborne, then what in god's good name was the pilot doing leaving the flght deck if post 9/11 and if in fact it is psot 9/11, the actions of this pax warrant a divert or at least a priorty apporach to lax and subsequent arrest upon landing.
  • if not airborne, why in god's good name was this pax allowed to fly and not removed by leo's before the plane left the gate?
stuph just doesn't add up
Uhh, about that bolded portion:

Ever hear of America West (HP) now part of USAir (US)?

They have a hub at LAS and fly quite a few flights a day to LAX (10-12 daily flights, all featuring First Class). It's a dumpy airline, but its mainline planes all feature F. Not surprisingly, many of its F seats are sold out tomorrow (Sunday).

Additionally, AA has flown mainline flights LAX-LAS since it bought RenoAir a decade ago, and still flies one daily MD-80 each way (connecting its LAX Tokyo arrival to LAS so Japanese gamblers can fly F to LAS).
Old Jul 22, 2007, 4:07 am

Programs: Qantas FF
It was in the 80s ... It makes for a good story true or not.
Old Jul 22, 2007, 10:55 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by FWAAA
Uhh, about that bolded portion:

Ever hear of America West (HP) now part of USAir (US)?

They have a hub at LAS and fly quite a few flights a day to LAX (10-12 daily flights, all featuring First Class). It's a dumpy airline, but its mainline planes all feature F. Not surprisingly, many of its F seats are sold out tomorrow (Sunday).

Additionally, AA has flown mainline flights LAX-LAS since it bought RenoAir a decade ago, and still flies one daily MD-80 each way (connecting its LAX Tokyo arrival to LAS so Japanese gamblers can fly F to LAS).
d'oh

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.