Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Two Planes Crash Into World Trade Center

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2014, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
A bump for the 13th anniversary. As we move through time it's fascinating to note which FTers were wildly off about the future and which ones were chillingly prescient.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 7:21 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Posts that are better suited for OMNI/PR have been deleted. If you wish to make politicized characterizations or arguments, please find an appropriate thread in that forum.

Thank you,

cblaisd
Moderator, Travel News
Old Sep 11, 2016, 4:00 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
And now it's been fifteen years. Seems like just yesterday, especially when they replay the footage over and over on TV.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by WillCAD
And now it's been fifteen years. Seems like just yesterday, especially when they replay the footage over and over on TV.
I have just got back from watching "Sully" at the movie theater. One line got me - New Yorkers are looking for good news - especially about planes. I have been glued to the TV the rest of the day watching 15th anniversary stuff.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 8:24 pm

I was living in Silicon Valley at the time of the attack, and watched the day unfold on TV. Over the next couple days what I noticed locally was the silence from the sky - we lived in flight corridor between SJC and SFO and normally heard dozens of aircraft per day.

The day after was park day for my mom's group, and that morning the only aircraft we were saw were fighters out of Moffett NAS and those were definitely loud enough to be noticed.

At the time it was strange to think that something that happened 3,000 miles away would be noticed in our local skies, but now it's hard to imagine what aspect of life in America hasn't been in some way touched by the events of that day.

Today when I dropped my kid off at work his employer had the flag at half mast in memoriam. Nice to see that.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 11:35 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Before that day domestic flying wasn't a pain when you went from the curb to the gate in 10 minutes and on the lane a complimentary meal in Y.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by suranyi
I don't know, but I'll say this: A few years ago my wife and I made the acquaintance of a woman who, as it turned out, used to be a flight attendant for UA. (When we met her she was out of the airline industry and working in an unrelated field.) We later found out that two of her best friends and fellow flight attendants were killed in the UA plane that crashed into the WTC.
A follow up to my own message from five years ago, since this thread was revived. Our acquaintance mentioned above has since given birth to a baby girl. The girl was named for one of her fellow flight attendants who was killed on that day.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 9:57 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
A follow up to my own message from five years ago, since this thread was revived. Our acquaintance mentioned above has since given birth to a baby girl. The girl was named for one of her fellow flight attendants who was killed on that day.
^
Old Sep 11, 2021, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Bumping this for the 20th Anniversary.
miamiflyer8 likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, Singapore Airlines
Oh, my goodness. That's quite the tribute.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.