Star Alliance aims to shake up distribution

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2005, 11:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver
Star Alliance aims to shake up distribution

http://www.bangkokpost.com/Business/06Jun2005_biz20.php

Nagoya, Japan _ In an attempt to minimise costs at a time of surging fuel prices, the Star Alliance is shaking up the travel distribution business by encouraging the use of Web-based systems that could slash ticketing costs to US$3 per ticket from about $13 at present.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Darn shame some of their members, especially United, have absolute crap online web presences, especially when it comes to reservations and reservation support (seat changes, etc.).
Old Jun 6, 2005, 11:27 am

Programs: NW
While I agree that providing more services online is a cheaper way to go, as SEA_Tigger has noted until airlines improve their online systems these kind of initiatives are garbage. How about developing functional and quality websites first and then forcing people to use them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.