Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel News
Reload this Page >

David Nelson, could you step aside for a few moments?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2003, 1:37 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M
Original Poster

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)

Oregon Live.com Article

"Boule: There's no way to get off the list

If your name is David Nelson you can expect to be hassled, delayed, questioned and searched before being allowed to board aircraft anywhere in the United States for the foreseeable future."

------------------
"Give me Liberty or give me Death." - Patrick Henry
Old May 5, 2003, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
'... Somewhere in the world there's an actual terrorist suspect named David Nelson who started all this mess ...

Not any more !

[edited for punctuation]

[This message has been edited by Roger (edited 05-05-2003).]
Old May 5, 2003, 3:16 pm

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
Spiff, I salute your choice of reading material. I do not support the stupidity of the "David Nelson" is a threat mentality of our government officials.

Obviously, this means that all FTers with the name David Nelson will be hassled coming to the brewers festival. Just when we got rid of the Manager of Customs here at PDX, we have a new source of national news.

BTW, PDX suggests you remove your shoes, but be sure to put them on in restaurants because no shoes (or shirts) means no service. Health Hazard!!

Old May 6, 2003, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
An EXCELLENT article. Lots of facts, or at least enough that you believe it and wonder if another reporter is stretching the truth.

This article should go to every Congressman in the country. This is such a waste of our tax dollars. By now, the REAL David Nelson has obtained a fake ID with a different name. Fools. We are all such fools.
Old May 6, 2003, 2:18 pm

Just wait till John Smith gets on the list.

I guess the David Nelsons should change their name because it is obvious that the real terrorist would only travel under his real name and should be easy to be caught.

Believe this and I have a slightly used bridge to sell (it will be guarded by the TSA as part of our transportation infrastructure) .
Old May 7, 2003, 11:44 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
What would Ozzie and Harriet think of all this?
Old May 7, 2003, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN Platinum
I just validated this is true with a friend who has such a name. It's truly a terrible waste of our time, government's resources, and invasion of privacy.

I'm very disillusioned with the current people who come up with these policies. They should be prosecuted for trampling people's rights and flagrantly violating principles of Democracy.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NoStressHere:
An EXCELLENT article. Lots of facts, or at least enough that you believe it and wonder if another reporter is stretching the truth.

This article should go to every Congressman in the country. This is such a waste of our tax dollars. By now, the REAL David Nelson has obtained a fake ID with a different name. Fools. We are all such fools.
</font>

[This message has been edited by UALOneKPlus (edited 05-07-2003).]
Old May 7, 2003, 2:20 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M
Original Poster

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
That's why Mineta and Loy are scumbags.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by UALOneKPlus:
I'm very disillusioned with the current people who come up with these policies. They should be prosecuted for trampling people's rights and flagrantly violating principles of Democracy.

[This message has been edited by UALOneKPlus (edited 05-07-2003).]
</font>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.