Search

NY Times: Air Travel Discomfort Starts on Wall Stret

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2017, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
NY Times: Air Travel Discomfort Starts on Wall Stret

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/28/b...=top-news&_r=0

Surprising no one, the US cartels put shareholder value ahead of customer service.
Old May 28, 2017, 9:17 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Well, DL, AA, and UA are owned by their shareholders and the shareholders want ROI.

If customer service increased ROI, that is where the three legacies would spend. But, apparently it does not and those paying for the tickets --- largely employers --- want price & convenient schedules rather than better soft product.

Trying to draw the link to Dao and stuff like that is a stretch.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 12:46 pm

I found the end of the article to be most enlightening:

“The response isn’t to Wall Street. It’s to customer behavior. About 35 percent of customers are choosing on price, and price alone, and another 35 percent choose mostly on price. The great irony is that most C.E.O.s would love to compete on product and experience. The problem is that customers aren’t paying attention to that.”
So... everyone complains, but most continue to buy the cheapest fare, thus accelerating the race to the bottom

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.