Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel News
Reload this Page >

QZ: What happens when airport staff stops picking up after us, in horrifying photos

QZ: What happens when airport staff stops picking up after us, in horrifying photos

Old Dec 6, 2016, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA/AA

Cleaning up after other people is a thankless, invisible job, and now we know what it looks like when those cleaners get fed up: Barcelona’s El Prat Airport.

Travelers arriving to Barcelona in the past few days were greeted by astounding heaps of trash at the airport, due to a five-day cleaning staff strike.

http://qz.com/854341/barcelona-el-pr...wned-in-trash/
Old Dec 7, 2016, 2:41 pm

It looks like Naples, Italy back in 2003 when they had the trash people strike. We didn't speak Italian and no one talked about it at the time. So even many years after, we just thought Naples was a very dirty city.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
WOW.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 12:53 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Where did all the bits of shredded newspaper come from?
Old Dec 8, 2016, 2:16 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
I was there last week, and I can say that while it was a mess, it certainly wasn't 'horrifying'.

And there did seem to be an unusual amount of shredded paper - we guessed that the striking cleaners had added that for effect, as it looks terrible but would be very easy for them to tidy up afterwards!
Old Dec 8, 2016, 3:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by :D!
Where did all the bits of shredded newspaper come from?
From the striking cleaners themselves.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.